New kicker - this one is good!

https://www.landof10.com/iowa/kicker-cole-hahn-commits-iowa

Watched him kick in high school and the ball comes off his foot with alot of lift and power (and he is accurate). Easily the best kicker on the team now and can hit from short and long. This is a great addition as we all know how unreliable our kicking game has been since Marshall left. Welcome aboard Cole!

I didn't think Keith was that unrealiable and his stats were good. If this new guy beats out Keith then all the better.

I didn't think Keith was that unrealiable and his stats were good. If this new guy beats out Keith then all the better.
Yeah I'd say Kieth had a pretty darn good year for a walk-on true freshman. That said, I do like Hahn's tape, so welcome aboard!

He was solid for a freshman, but his inability to make a field goal beyond 40 yards is a problem.

Count me as one of those people who believes you can bring in talent without it diminishing the existing talent. Sometimes it's not, "Hey, this guy is better than so and so." Sometimes it's, "Hey, now we're gonna have 2 guys who are good at what they do."

He was solid for a freshman, but his inability to make a field goal beyond 40 yards is a problem.

hayden Fry had a couple of teams where I think Jeff Skillett was the long range kicker and they had another real accurate kicker from shorter range. It worked out well because Skillett was less accurate from shorter distances early in his career. I think by Skillett's Sr season he was a very good kicker full time iirc.

hayden Fry had a couple of teams where I think Jeff Skillett was the long range kicker and they had another real accurate kicker from shorter range. It worked out well because Skillett was less accurate from shorter distances early in his career. I think by Skillett's Sr season he was a very good kicker full time iirc.
I remember the tandem of Zach Bromert and Brion Hurley somewhat favorably...

Latest posts