New Katenda Article

“He wants to go somewhere that he’s got a feeling that he will be a big part of what’s happening.”

No place better than Iowa, but it's looking like a really really long shot.

I'd like Katenda for depth but he and Basabe have a nearly identical game.

Have you seen game film on Katenda?

From what I read I see him as a 3 man, but coaches fell he needs to play like a 4 more often due to his ability to score from the block. Basabe is not really a 3 man because he doesn't handle the ball well enough or have much range on his jump shot currently. Basabe was kind of a tweener as a freshmen but I think once he adds strength/weight he will be more of an all around solid 4 who can streatch the defense to 18 feet with his jumper and put the ball on the floor just good enough to beat bigger slower 4's (see what he did to MSU's Nix yesterday) Not sure he will ever handle well enough to really be what we consider a 3.

Katenda plays outside but is working his post skills. Basabe's long 2 point shot that he put up yesterday is probably one of the few times we will seem him at the perimeter taking shots. These 2 on the floor together could make for some huge mis matches.

I'd like Katenda for depth but he and Basabe have a nearly identical game.

Ohhhhhh really? I'm guessing you have no clue, but even if you did and what you say is true, having more people with a game similar to MB on the team would be a good thing. I would also say that person would be more than just depth.

12345- I know people think you post from ignorance, and you do, but I like that part of your game.

His game sounds similar to Aaron White's.

And with the more I hear about White, I become less and less interested in Katenda. Don't get me wrong, if Fran wants him, I hope he gets him, but I'd like a big like Gabe O. instead of a face up 4/3.

Is Gabe Olaseni visting Iowa? I thought I read somewhere that he was but can't seem to find it now...

Latest posts