New Iowa Football Facilities? (Photos)

I didn't see these renderings out in the atrium of the football complex last week, and they certainly weren't hidden inside anyone's office. They were right out in the atrium, right next to the Cy-Hawk Trophy display case. So in the event these were supposed to 'remain under wraps', they were 'hidden' in plain site.

My guess is something like this could possibly be constructed in about one year with regards to the practice facility aspect. If they were going to build offices and such inside this as well, or locker rooms, that aspect could take longer. Just guessing.

If we can finish up 10-2 or 11-1 (who knows, maybe even 12-0) and get to the rose bowl, then unveil plans to build a new facility like the one shown in the photo's this offseason, what a GIANT step up for Iowa Football. This is the type of stuff that gives recruiting a huge boost and would allow Iowa to build itself into a consistent, year in and year out Big Ten Title contender.

Iowa is a football school. The practice facility for bb seems to be about a decade overdue, while football facilities just spring up out of nowhere. I do not have an issue with that, but I wonder how our bb coaching staffs feel about it.

Iowa is a football school. The practice facility for bb seems to be about a decade overdue, while football facilities just spring up out of nowhere. I do not have an issue with that, but I wonder how our bb coaching staffs feel about it.

The basketball issue is a little more complex. They are looking at a renovation to Carver Hawkeye Arena...getting the practice facility adjacent and connected to CHA is pretty important...they also are a winter sport, with weather issues...so again, having it connected is pretty important.

So…would they then move the Outdoor facilities to where the bubble is currently?

I dont think so...in the rendering, you can see the outdoor facility, the Kenyon facility, still to the north of the new indoor facility, where it currently resides.

I could see this being ready for spring 11 if they started in spring 10 it would be a tricky job never got to work on kinnick but i tried the company i work for did the brick i would imagine they would get any masonry on this too i'll have to check tomorrow bout upcoming bids

I've heard the bubble would become a parking lot and then the outdoor practice fields would be where the old field hockey/current hospitality area is now.

The BB practice facility has to be number one priority right now. Even though it would be easier to raise the money for the FB facility given the recent success of the team.

Now is the time to build a facility as construction costs are down 25% from a year ago. However the problem is having the cash or the funds on hand to pay the facility.

Last edited:
I've heard the bubble would become a parking lot and then the outdoor practice fields would be where the old field hockey/current hospitality area is now.

The BB practice facility has to be number one priority right now. Even though it would be easier to raise the money for the FB facility given the recent success of the team.

Now is the time to build a facility as construction costs are down 25% from a year ago. However the problem is having the cash or the funds on hand to pay the facility.

If a donor wanted to give several million as a leader gift to the fb facility project, believe me, they won't tell him where it has to go

This seems to be in the current parking lot next to the rec building and current football office. I imagine it would make sense that they would replace that parking lot with a new lot on the current spot of the bubble.

No matter how complex or major the basketball renovations may be, we all know this will be completed well before the basketball team has its own practice court.

Go Hawks! Beat Indiana!

Nebraska has some pretty Sick facilities. Maybe we can pull something like that, wasnt kirk and the boys up there in the spring looking at their facilities?

speaking of masonry, the only qualm i have with kinnick's renovation was they didn't top it off with arches at the base of the new press box. now it doesn't flow with the rest of the facility. my understanding is they ran out of $$$$??

kinnick.jpg

Those renderings and the potential of these facilities are pretty legit. Can you imagine what this would "potentially" do in regards to our recruiting and interest from more top tier recruits?

i doubt you know what your talking about and yes would definetly be some masonry on this project

Latest posts