New High School rankings

fulsaasfan

Intermat has released there new high school rankings.

Here is the link:

InterMat - Powered By RevWrestling

Here are some highlights:

Iowa Hawkeye recruits:

135-Jake Ballweg (WSR) 2
140-Josh Dziewa (Council Rock South, PA) 3
145-Anthony Baldosaro (Eastern Regional, NJ) 4
152-Michael Kelly (Cedar Falls) 13
160-Nick Moore (ICW) 2
189-Mike Evans (Blair Academy, NJ) 5
285-Bobby Telford (St Marks, DE) 3

Iowa high schoolers:

112-Jack Hathaway (IC West) 16
119-Brandon Sorenson (Denver-Tripoli) 17
125-Levi Wolfensperger (Denver-Tripoli) 4
125-John Meeks (DM Roosevelt) 16
130-Deric Thomas (MC Newman) 20
135-Jake Ballweg (WSR) 2
152-Michael Kelly (Cedar Falls) 13
160-Nick Moore (ICW) 2
171-Michael Moreno (Urbandale) 3
171-Walt Gilmor (North Scott) 7
171-Brock Weatherman (Ballard-Huxley) 12
171-Mikey England (Centerville) 15
189-Evan Knight (Urbandale) 7
189-Kyven Gadson (Waterloo East) 11
215-Cody Krumwiede (WSR) 13
285-Adam Praska (Cresco-Crestwood) 16

Other Notables:

130-Jason Tsirtsis (Crown Point, IN) 7
152-Destin McCauley (Apple Valley, MN) 2

Pretty surprised that Brady Clark from Southeast Polk doesn't make that list. I think he's bumped up from 103 to 112 this year, but I still don't think he's lost a match in HS. Kid's an outstanding wrestler but he is only a sophomore..so maybe that's it.

Done rambling now. Keep up the updates, man.

The SE Polk wrestler that you are talking about is Cory Clark and he is very talented. I believe that you are correct that he has not lost yet as he went 43-0 during the season last year and won the title. He has also gained some steam on the national scene as well. However, the fact that these rankings are for all classes makes it hard for an underclassman to break through. I'm sure that they will do some class by class rankings soon and he will most definitely be in the top 20 among Soph.

VanMan, yes, these are the national rankings for all high school classes combined.

I was just wondering, as I'll have some opportunties to cover Kelly and Gadson this season. My partner with Waverly Newspapers does many of the W-SR meets, too.

Clark is listed in the Sophomores, not in the top 50, but as a recruiting profile right now. DeVoss and Dakota Bauer are both in the top 50 and Clark could see one or both yet this year. Also Dakota Trom of Apple Valley (not sure if SE Polk does much traveling where they would see AV though). Jack Hathaway of ICW also has a recruiting profile up for Sophs listed at 112.

Haven't been paying much attention to the high school season yet so not sure if all of the above are competing at 112 or not but if they are Clark will have plenty of chances to move up.

I see a recruit from Council Rock South, Josh Dziewa, fulsaasfan. Since I graduated from there in 1978, you may recall a gentleman I wrestled under my sophomore year who went on to win the 1982 National Championship at North Carolina- CD Mock. But then it was just Council Rock.

Cory Clark is the son of a high school classmate. Look forward to seeing what he can do this year. Moving up to 112, he will get to meet Hathaway, which will give him a great test. When I saw DeVos wrestle in a dual tournament this year, he was at 119. I am assuming that he dropped down to 112 before the Holiday break?

not that rankings are the end all be all but im pretty sure Cory has never lost to Jack in a folkstyle match. They wrestled last year at least twice with Cory winning both including the state finals. He will have plenty of more chances to prove himself the next 2-1/2 years.

Devos has been at 119 all year

Bauer from Ballard is wrestling 125 this year.

Cory will probably get the chance to wrestle Jack at the Urbandale tourny on Jan. 23rd.

I see a recruit from Council Rock South, Josh Dziewa, fulsaasfan. Since I graduated from there in 1978, you may recall a gentleman I wrestled under my sophomore year who went on to win the 1982 National Championship at North Carolina- CD Mock. But then it was just Council Rock.

Thanks for the interesting tidbit there. Of course I know who CD Mock is but did not know that he went to the same high school. Dziewa is definitely going to be a good one and I'm excited to get him in the room next year and see what he can do!

Thanks for the interesting tidbit there. Of course I know who CD Mock is but did not know that he went to the same high school. Dziewa is definitely going to be a good one and I'm excited to get him in the room next year and see what he can do!

So you are in the wrestling room, fulsaasfan. Very, very cool. Is this the first Council Rock
recruit you've gone after? Didn't Mark Rappo win the State Championship at 103 lbs. last year? A liitle too small? I have a lot of pride that CR (under Vic Stanley) was the first high school from our region to win the State Championship back in '77. My next door neighbor,
Mike Sipler also won a crown that year. We all hung out together. Amazing that it has all come full circle, and I'm the one out here in the Wrestling Mecca.

Latest posts