New commit

not to start a ***** war or anything, but it probably will.
But quoting ank... is this a sign of a healthy program? Jucos?

It is not a good practice to go after Jucos but Iowa needs immediate help on the defensive line. But I would not label the entire program as an unhealthy program just because they might sign 1 or 2 Jucos.

Signing a few JUCOS every other year or each year is a sign of smart recruiting. Auburn won a National Title with JUCOS. If it were a ton then they'd be a bad state for a program but a couple to fill some holes is good and I'm glad they are using the resources of JUCO programs.

How is the DL recruiting a mess?
3 Commits
-Johnson DT 4 Star
-Ekakitie DE 4 Star
-Ott DE 3 Star
-Venckus DE 2-3Star

2 more visiting this weekend....
-Willie Henry DT 3 Star
-Terrell Jackson DT 3 Star (who was supposed to visit Mich. State and now visiting the Hawks)
- Robert Caldwell - Semi Committed earlier today with 3 yrs. left.

And Curry still deciding --- looks to be Nebby though

From past years, I wouldn't say recruiting is hurting at all. This is potentially a great class for the Hawks for DL. If kids are still coming into visit - I wouldn't say the Hawks are hurting because they haven't named a DC yet. I do agree it could help but it sure hasn't hurt with the visits scheduled and the commits so far.

recruiting at this position not a mess, but retention/health has been.

at DL and OL HS recruits aren't generally going to come in and make an immediate impact.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely agree. Need to keep the bodies in Iowa City and get them healthier. I would like to see Bradley but at this point I just wish the hire were over so we all could be done speculating.

How is the DL recruiting a mess?
3 Commits
-Johnson DT 4 Star
-Ekakitie DE 4 Star
-Ott DE 3 Star
-Venckus DE 2-3Star

2 more visiting this weekend....
-Willie Henry DT 3 Star
-Terrell Jackson DT 3 Star (who was supposed to visit Mich. State and now visiting the Hawks)
- Robert Caldwell - Semi Committed earlier today with 3 yrs. left.

And Curry still deciding --- looks to be Nebby though

From past years, I wouldn't say recruiting is hurting at all. This is potentially a great class for the Hawks for DL. If kids are still coming into visit - I wouldn't say the Hawks are hurting because they haven't named a DC yet. I do agree it could help but it sure hasn't hurt with the visits scheduled and the commits so far.

Well Johnson is going to end up at MSU and if that happens there are no DT for this class. Hopefully these other DT that visit commit then. But JJ would play next season with his size and tangibles. Not sure these other DT prospects are going to contribute for a year or two.

Well Johnson is going to end up at MSU and if that happens there are no DT for this class. Hopefully these other DT that visit commit then. But JJ would play next season with his size and tangibles. Not sure these other DT prospects are going to contribute for a year or two.

As of right now Johnson is solid with Iowa, it appears he's visiting MSU to appease a family member. Sure, there is a chance he could switch but to say he is going to end up at MSU right now is way off base.

As of right now Johnson is solid with Iowa, it appears he's visiting MSU to appease a family member. Sure, there is a chance he could switch but to say he is going to end up at MSU right now is way off base.

About as far off as saying he's solid with Iowa. just sayin.

How is the DL recruiting a mess? 3 Commits -Johnson DT 4 Star -Ekakitie DE 4 Star -Ott DE 3 Star -Venckus DE 2-3Star 2 more visiting this weekend.... -Willie Henry DT 3 Star -Terrell Jackson DT 3 Star (who was supposed to visit Mich. State and now visiting the Hawks) - Robert Caldwell - Semi Committed earlier today with 3 yrs. left. And Curry still deciding --- looks to be Nebby though From past years, I wouldn't say recruiting is hurting at all. This is potentially a great class for the Hawks for DL. If kids are still coming into visit - I wouldn't say the Hawks are hurting because they haven't named a DC yet. I do agree it could help but it sure hasn't hurt with the visits scheduled and the commits so far.

Wrong. Jaleel will stick with Iowa

Only if he can convince his aunt that Iowa is better than MSU.
For some odd reason his aunt likes MSU.
Jaleel likes Iowa.
Who will win out???

Since when does an aunt's opinion matter as much as the kid and his parents (his mom is great with Iowa). To say he's going to change just because his aunt says he should is kind of funny.

not to start a ***** war or anything, but it probably will.
But quoting ank... is this a sign of a healthy program? Jucos?

Cam Newton (JUCO), Nick Fairly (JUCO)... the two major stars of Auburns MNC team. I guess you're right... JUCO's are a terrible idea. :rolleyes:

Only if he can convince his aunt that Iowa is better than MSU.
For some odd reason his aunt likes MSU.
Jaleel likes Iowa.
Who will win out???

This is happening in thousands of house holds around the country. It's not always to do with football. When our son was 18 we wanted him to go to the school we like. He like a different school. We knew it was a bad idea to force him in his decision. Everything turn out okay anyway. Jaleel just needs to politely tell his aunt that this Is his life and his choice. She'll just needs to understand this so both of them can be happy.

Cam Newton (JUCO), Nick Fairly (JUCO)... the two major stars of Auburns MNC team. I guess you're right... JUCO's are a terrible idea. :rolleyes:

You fell for it ATL. Some on here have questioned ISU's route of getting JUCOs as being a bad sign of the program being in trouble. He was being sarcastic.

Since when does an aunt's opinion matter as much as the kid and his parents (his mom is great with Iowa). To say he's going to change just because his aunt says he should is kind of funny.

As already stated, he grew up with said aunt. Said aunt is his guardian. His guardian also has to sign the LOI. His guardian wants him to at the least visit MSU.

You seem like a smart dude, so I'm sure you can do the math here.

Well if he's the type of kid who makes a committment to a program, hypes up that program and how excited he is to be a part of it, and then backs out of his committment at the last second then this "aunt/mother" of his didn't do a very good job raising him.

Hopefully that's not the case and he is just visiting the Spartans to make her happy.

Latest posts