New Big12

ArizonaHawkeye88

I heard this idea some where and I think it's doable. The 5 remaining teams in the Big12 invite the 7 best teams in the MWC and the WAC to join the Big12. ISU, KU, KSU gets to keep their BCS status and teams like Boise State and Utah can become a BCS school. If any of the five remaining teams go to the MWC or the WAC they loose their BCS status.

Except Boise State just joined the MWC, so I don't think they are moving again for awhile. If anything, Big 12 rejects will move to the MWC and the MWC tries to obtain BCS status. Or the Big 12 stays with 10. Who knows? I really hope something happens next week, this expansion stuff is exhausting.

Another issue... I believe that the BCS standing is equally tied to the member institutions, not just the conference. There was a report somewhere, sorry no link, that a core of (I believe 8) teams who have played together for 2 or more years needs to be retained. Even with 12 teams in a "Big 12" this wouldn't be enough...

Colorado To Pac 10
Nebraska to Big Ten
Texas to Big Ten
Texas A&M to SEC

Remaining Big XII gets 4 more. And ISU has a chance to win a conf championship.

Texas to the Big Ten
Texas to the Pac-Ten
Texas to the SEC
Texas staying with Big 12

I hear a new story every hour. Until they decide what the h*** they are doing, it's difficult to predict where everyone else is going.

I read this and I pray Texas goes along with this proposal. I do not want to see 16 team conferences. I think it kills rivalries and the closeness that you get by playing in a close knit conference. I would love the Big Ten to shut the door on expansion at 12 and only ever expand if Notre Dame finally wants to join.

The toothpaste is out of the tube. We'll have 16-team superconferences, because conference bean-counters across the country have probably figured out that more teams = more $$$.

See Pac 16. PAC 10 needs a big infusion of $$$ after USC just got emasculated.

There are 6 Big 12 teams aren't there? Including Texas Tech? I didn't think they an official invite to the Pac 10. Then again, other than Colorado (and Texas, obviously) who does?

Either way I believe the at least half of the Big 12 has to remain in order for the conference to keep its BCS standing.

I read this and I pray Texas goes along with this proposal. I do not want to see 16 team conferences. I think it kills rivalries and the closeness that you get by playing in a close knit conference. I would love the Big Ten to shut the door on expansion at 12 and only ever expand if Notre Dame finally wants to join.

I agree completely, except fNotre Lame. They suck. But let's keep the conference membership down to 12. No more than 14.

Does anyone else think that Texas is leaking these stories to Chip Brown so they might get more leverage in their negotiations with the Pac 10 or SEC or Big Ten or whoever?

Conspiracy theory alert.

Latest news is from orangebloods, which means it is from the Texas athletic dept.

It's just a smokescreen. Texas is moving to the Big Ten on Tuesday.

/ cue imperial march /

Conspiracy theory alert.

Latest news is from orangebloods, which means it is from the Texas athletic dept.

It's just a smokescreen. Texas is moving to the Big Ten on Tuesday.

/ cue imperial march /

I don't think Texas is coming to the Big Ten, but then again, I don't know what they are going to do, I just think it's strange that Chip Brown gets 10 times more information than anyone else regarding this.

You must listen to Miller & Deace's Friday hour 1
Des Moines' Sports Station - 1460 KXNO

One of their best programs ever.

They make a compelling case that Texas is maneuvering events to gain power... unlimited power!... and will join the Big Ten.

My apprentice, Darth Delanius, is doing very well... Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen!

The toothpaste is out of the tube. We'll have 16-team superconferences, because conference bean-counters across the country have probably figured out that more teams = more $$$.

See Pac 16. PAC 10 needs a big infusion of $$$ after USC just got emasculated.

More teams equals more revenue, true, but also more to divide up. So in the end it nets pretty much the same. I think people are seriously over estimating how much more money 16 teams will bring in. The reality is it will kill rivalries, be a travel nightmare (especially for the Pac 16) and be even harder to agree on issues.

Colorado To Pac 10
Nebraska to Big Ten
Texas to Big Ten
Texas A&M to SEC

Remaining Big XII gets 4 more. And ISU has a chance to win a conf championship.

I think you are correct. The leftover teams should try to take those city teams Memphis, Louisville, Cincy, plus a few more. Would be a great basketball league. 10 Million from Memphis is not chopped liver.

You must listen to Miller & Deace's Friday hour 1
Des Moines' Sports Station - 1460 KXNO

One of their best programs ever.

They make a compelling case that Texas is maneuvering events to gain power... unlimited power!... and will join the Big Ten.

My apprentice, Darth Delanius, is doing very well... Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen!

I listen pretty much daily, but missed Friday's show. Thanks for the link. It all makes a lot of sense to me!

Latest posts