Neutral Site OOC Games - 2012 Alabama vs Michigan

Seems a bit strange to have it so far away from both schools, eh?
Why not have it half way in between?
I'm not sure they can fill the stadium that far away, especially for a preseason game.

Seems a bit strange to have it so far away from both schools, eh?
Why not have it half way in between?
I'm not sure they can fill the stadium that far away, especially for a preseason game.

Even if a single person from the state of Michigan didn't travel to this game you could probably sellout to Michigan fan. Their alumni base is that large. On top of that their fan base seems to hit all corners of the earth. This says nothing of Alabama and their fans. Having said that, Michigan fan can be fair weather. If they're not in contention they could be lackluster in their support

IIRC, PSU and Indiana are going to play at 'neutral' FedEx Field in DC soon, as well, instead of playing at Indiana.

If anything, I consider playing conference games at neutral sites (or in the case with Indiana, it'll be a virtual home game for PSU) to be the bigger sin than for non-conference games. But I doubt it'll stop any time soon.

I personally loved the NIU game at soldier field a couple years ago. It was a great atmosphere.
I remember Barta having to convince their administators to open the tailgaiting lots much earlier than normal to avoid a riot / traffic jam.

I really wish something would get set up with Missouri to play them at Arrowhead. Living in KC surrounded by all of these Misery fans drives me nuts. I would love nothing more than to beat the **** out of them in their own backyard.

Wasn't it Missouri who ended up dropping Iowa from their schedule a couple years ago and replaced us with Arkansas State?

Latest posts