nest years lineup

herbyhawk

Banned
for those crying about this year team, this is not an indication of who will start;

pg Mike Gesell 6'2 Anthony Clemmons 6'1
sg Devon Marble 6'6 Josh Oglesby 6'5 Patrick Ingram 6'3
sf Eric May 6'5 Aaron White 6'8
PF Melsahn Basabe 6'7 Zach McCabe 6'7 Kyle Meyer 6'10
c Gabe Olaseni 6'11 Adam Woodbury 7'1

the shift of being undersized will be gone, but i also see McCabe can and will see time at the three, with the varying heights we can go small or big in a pickem as needed,
but in my opinion its about time Iowa made other adjust rather than always adjusting to other team
also the need for another wing can wait and hopefully we get Peter Jok who was becoming something special before the knees started giving problem due to the growth spurt
this also is affecting Stokes who grew 7" in a short period of time
with Stokes next year will be his 3rd year with having the coaches work with him in developing skills an weight gains and strength
before the "he's just a walk-on" comments roll in coaches don't RED SHIRT walk-ons unless the kids can develope,
and people have selective memory on walk-ons being good, i remember quite a few people clammoring for a another kid to walk-on not to long ago

Lot more options next year. This year is far from over, and there is no need for people to write the season off. There is a lot of pride and toughness in this team, more than was evident yesterday. Thank God, Creighton is out of the way....

Good Post, Herby.....

:)

for those crying about this year team, this is not an indication of who will start;

pg Mike Gesell 6'2 Anthony Clemmons 6'1
sg Devon Marble 6'6 Josh Oglesby 6'5 Patrick Ingram 6'3
sf Eric May 6'5 Aaron White 6'8
PF Melsahn Basabe 6'7 Zach McCabe 6'7 Kyle Meyer 6'10
c Gabe Olaseni 6'11 Adam Woodbury 7'1

the shift of being undersized will be gone, but i also see McCabe can and will see time at the three, with the varying heights we can go small or big in a pickem as needed,
but in my opinion its about time Iowa made other adjust rather than always adjusting to other team
also the need for another wing can wait and hopefully we get Peter Jok who was becoming something special before the knees started giving problem due to the growth spurt
this also is affecting Stokes who grew 7" in a short period of time
with Stokes next year will be his 3rd year with having the coaches work with him in developing skills an weight gains and strength
before the "he's just a walk-on" comments roll in coaches don't RED SHIRT walk-ons unless the kids can develope,
and people have selective memory on walk-ons being good, i remember quite a few people clammoring for a another kid to walk-on not to long ago

I see major inexperience at PG and center. I see lack of difference makers at the wing in terms of quickness. There should be good depth and height. Overall next year will be struggle just like this year. To compete next year Fran would have had to found a PG for this year that could ease the transition after Cartwright and add a scorer on the wing.

maybe i should have taken it bit further;
Gesell presents a matchup problem at the point as he is a combo, and is a very good shooter that can penetrate and finish at the rim, Clemmons is a true point and is an outstanding defender,
both bring a different skill set to the table, both are very quick, and a Top 100 kid could and should adjust very quickly as the season goes on,
White is quicker and more athletic than people gives him credit for, he is actually the matchup problem for other wings, as wing ussually shoot or slash to the rim, White can shoot from the outside and can and will bang inside
Marble is a ball handiling sg that can and will shoot but also stop and pop a seemingly lost art and finish at the rim, Oglesby is a shooter that can shoot off the dribble or the pass and also hit the pullup jumper, he just needs to work on driving to the rim to get to the foul line more
Olaseni will be a Sophamore and as this season progresses will get more playing time and in the little time playing to date. it is evident he can rebound as well as keep the ball alive, he will get better, and can play the PF spot
Meyer will bring a good package at power forward, height 6'10 shooting inside out, can bang down low when needed and can play the Center position
Woodbury at 7'1 clearly fills the center position, and like Gesell but being in the Top 50, i would hope he can adjust quickly, and its not like he has played strictly against the weak sisters of the poor, this team will be young but by the BT season should grow into a team that is dangerous by their ability of creating the mismatches
i made this post because of people b!tching about this player can't do this or that player can't do that

so why don't we just sit back and watch this years team grow and learn how to be a team; rather than B!TCHING AND MOANING about the short comings of this team.
and it does not matter what board i have been too, not one poster expected them to be world beaters or have unrealistic expectation

Last edited:

Latest posts