Need to Clean up a few things

Did you watch the Paulsen's try and move? It's embarrassing to even think they are on the field. They seriously can't even pick their legs up to run. Stanley is just brutal, sees a blitz, freezes, then kind of spins away from it and turns his back to it. Awful performance. Looked like a high school offense on the field today. Wirfs and Jackson did themselves no favors today at all either.
i didn’t read but you’re a fan and
Iowa sucks right?

We can’t clean it up, our issue is drastic lack of talent. Our line and our QB aren’t Big ten level, plain and simple

Our issue is not lack of talent. We actually have as much talent as we have had in a long time.

Our main issues our:

Our OL is just plain bad. We've had a couple of injuries, but there is really no good excuse for this. Our HC is a former very good OL coach. Our OC is a a former lineman. But our OL can't identify or pick up the blitz???

Our OC doesn't seem to know how to use that talent or modify his play calling to account for what the defense is doing. In a game where we are playing against one of the worst rush D's in the conference, our game plan is to come out slinging the ball around? We consistently put ourselves behind the eight-ball by trying to pass on first down. With slow developing pass plays. WTH? Michigan blitzed constantly, leaving the middle of the field vacant. And we couldn't figure out to use quick slants or middle screens?

Did you watch the Paulsen's try and move? It's embarrassing to even think they are on the field. They seriously can't even pick their legs up to run. Stanley is just brutal, sees a blitz, freezes, then kind of spins away from it and turns his back to it. Awful performance. Looked like a high school offense on the field today. Wirfs and Jackson did themselves no favors today at all either.

I will take it even a step further. Stanley looks like bad middle school basketball players that turns their back to the person guarding them when they are dribbling the ball. Then, before you know it, they get doubled teamed and turn the ball over.

Blitzing is supposed to be a risk for the defense. A decent QB sees where the blitz is coming from and throws at that spot. OC makes adjustments and start calling quick slants, quick outs, draws, and screens.

It's not a risk vs Iowa because as we hear every single week from the talking heads is, Iowa is Iowa and Iowa will do the same thing they have done for years. There are no adjustments.

I am surprised that we haven't been blitzed every play for years. Especially agaisnt a statue like Stanley.

Well Penn St.has already drawn up the game plan for next week. Bring the house,Nate folds like a wet sack, rinse and repeat. Wisconsin defense will do the same until Iowa offense can adjust. Not sure we have enough talent to adjust offensively to what these 2 teams throw at us.

Stanley had a rough day, but honestly, could BF have put put him in worse plays/positions?
No. 'The Iowa Way' on the field beyond predictable. Our gameplan makes it very very hard on Players. Too Hard ! Nuff Said. Go Very Tough Hawk Players.And with a very few minutes left, we could have won.

We can’t clean it up, our issue is drastic lack of talent. Our line and our QB aren’t Big ten level, plain and simple
Agreed and I didnt think we would miss HOck and Fant as much as we do and even Easley but wow no TE production at all. I thhought B Smith and ISM would pick up for the departed TEnds along with a new slot guys and the new TEnds would get a few catches a game. The coaches need to find some routes to get the TEs involved and give Nate some easy throws

Last edited:
Inexperienced former o-lineman hired through nepotism to be the OC and a former QB hired to be the o-line coach so they could train him to coach OL "the way we do it". A great recipe for success.

But it cuts deeper than this. Kirk held onto Derp waaay tooo long. If you agree with this sentiment then you have to ask yourself why?

My answer. Because Kirk knew Jr wasn't ready yet for the OC gig but that was the next logical step toward Head Coach at the University of IOWA.

Finally, if you agree with this then Kirk is putting nepotism ABOVE winning. Do you agree? Is this acceptable? Kirk has been very comfortable here at the University of IOWA. He hasn't felt any real pressure to win for a very long time. No sense of urgency. He is working on the master plan and I am sure this was hammered out the moment Brian joined the staff. Or before. And it involves more than Barta.

Last edited:
O Line coach > O Line coach/Run game coordinator > Offensive coordinator > Head Coach.

The clan is fat and happy. The only question remaining is how many of the clan will also be on staff someday?

Last edited:
There had to be dozens, or at least a couple of dozen for crying out loud, who were more qualified to be offensive coordinator at the University of Ferentz, I mean IOWA.

It's kind of joke really. If I was a player busting my balls at this level I would feel a little pissed quite frankly to be led by a guy who was in a training program.

Wait. We will bring in the former OC to change his diaper, pick up his binky after he repeatedly throws it across the room, and teach him the cow goes "Moo" and the pig goes "Oink".

Heard that the team bus stopped at Steak 'n Shake after the game.

IMG_4061.JPG

Latest posts