Nebraska's scheduling-big advantage

rodthompson

How did the Big Ten decide Nebraska would get it's bye week the second to last week of the season headed in to a "rivalry" game when Iowa will have to play on short rest. Explain that one to me, Delaney.

Urban Factoid:
48% of home teams win after bye week in B1G play over the last 62 years.

Of course, that includes low-division teams, too.

It is my opinion the Bye week only really helps you in the situations where you have guys injured and to heal up. At this stage in the year I don't think there is that big of an advantage in preparation against a team like Iowa. It isn't like we run a complicated offense or have complex schemes. I think the game experience you get outweighs the week of practice at this point in the season. Not sure why the conference would schedule a bye for anyone the second to the last week but oh well. The hawks need to play well. Nebraska is a good team and will be ready to play I am just glad we seem to be pretty healthy and I don't think the short week is going to be that big of a deal considering the short travel distance and the later start time. The hawks have exceeded my expectations so everything now is just gravy and I hope they keep performing to get some respect that I feel they deserve.

It is my opinion the Bye week only really helps you in the situations where you have guys injured and to heal up. At this stage in the year I don't think there is that big of an advantage in preparation against a team like Iowa. It isn't like we run a complicated offense or have complex schemes. I think the game experience you get outweighs the week of practice at this point in the season. Not sure why the conference would schedule a bye for anyone the second to the last week but oh well. The hawks need to play well. Nebraska is a good team and will be ready to play I am just glad we seem to be pretty healthy and I don't think the short week is going to be that big of a deal considering the short travel distance and the later start time. The hawks have exceeded my expectations so everything now is just gravy and I hope they keep performing to get some respect that I feel they deserve.

Good heady post...

Urban Factoid:
48% of home teams win after bye week in B1G play over the last 62 years.

Of course, that includes low-division teams, too.

Perfect, as that means Iowa has a 52% chance of winning. I took calculus at Kirkwood and was able to figure that out on my calculator. Isn't that impressive? :)

True story,

My wife and I go out to eat lunch at an Arby's here in an Western Atlanta Suburb. We order our food and the amount came to $17.20. I give the young lady a twenty dollar bill and she rings it up on herb register. I then think that I don't want the extra change so I hand her twenty cents more. The poor girl gets total perplexed and doesn't know how much to give back.

The manager walks by and ask if there is a problem. I told her that the amount we owed came to $17.20 and that I had given her worker a twenty dollar bill and two dimes. (This part kills me) So the manager walks over to a desk and uses a calculator to figure out how much I should get back. My wife is looking at me with that "I can't believe this is happening look in her eye" (similar to the Michgan fans look on there face on that last play against Michigan State). The manager then gives us our three dollars.

Did you slide in 'herb' or just a typo as its a work you commonly use Bravo loved the story and 'herb' fit perfect whether intended or not

This will come down to bye week rust (particularly Armstrong's timing / accuracy and decisions) vs Iowa DL fatigue, which has been on full display the last 2 games. While it's concerning that the pass D has been so soft and so misdirected the last couple games, King has had #9 hit his hands twice vs Minny and twice vs Purdue - he's due. Forecast = 32 and 17 mph wind, so, King not only gets #9 but #10 as well. Still, it'll be a close, nerve-wracking game, with the Hawks out-toughing Nebby for a 27-23 win on another late, long rushing TD - Wadley's turn.

Perfect, as that means Iowa has a 52% chance of winning. I took calculus at Kirkwood and was able to figure that out on my calculator. Isn't that impressive? :)

True story,

My wife and I go out to eat lunch at an Arby's here in an Western Atlanta Suburb. We order our food and the amount came to $17.20. I give the young lady a twenty dollar bill and she rings it up on herb register. I then think that I don't want the extra change so I hand her twenty cents more. The poor girl gets total perplexed and doesn't know how much to give back.

The manager walks by and ask if there is a problem. I told her that the amount we owed came to $17.20 and that I had given her worker a twenty dollar bill and two dimes. (This part kills me) So the manager walks over to a desk and uses a calculator to figure out how much I should get back. My wife is looking at me with that "I can't believe this is happening look in her eye" (similar to the Michgan fans look on there face on that last play against Michigan State). The manager then gives us our three dollars.

What you're saying is the minimum wage should increase to $15 an hour, correct?:D

Way too much being made of Nebby's bye week timing. If Iowa's team was made up of out of shape middle aged losers, then yes more days off would be helpful. Fortunately Iowa's team is comprised of 18-22 year old trained athletes. Nebraska will have Iowa's full attention and I look forward to watching the Hawks stomp Herbie into oblivion.

Way too much being made of Nebby's bye week timing. If Iowa's team was made up of out of shape middle aged losers, then yes more days off would be helpful. Fortunately Iowa's team is comprised of 18-22 year old trained athletes. Nebraska will have Iowa's full attention and I look forward to watching the Hawks stomp Herbie into oblivion.

It cuts game prep for one team at the same time the other gets the extra week to add wrinkles.Really not that big of a deal. But if I were Nebraska, I would be a bit upset we had to play all season without a break until now.

Well, I live in Nebraska, and all media oulets and their fans are sure of a husker win on friday. Iowa is overrated and hasn't played anyone. They are calling themselves the Big 10 champs for beating sparty and Iowa. They think that by just showing up for the game gives them the win. Super jealous of our season so far.

Latest posts