Nebraska's Schedule is Brutal

This is kinda my thinking. NU will be coming in with a very big and experienced O/D Lines. We will lose a playmaker at WR and couple playmaker CB's but for the most part we will bring in a very experienced core of players and likely will have a 2nd year QB. I dont know that much can be said for the 3 teams mentioned. While it will be tougher than the B12 I am not as scared of the schedule as alot would like to think.

The only thing I didnt like and was hoping didnt happen was scheduling OSU and Wisc in the same year as cross division games. I dont know why it wasnt OSU/Purdue and Wisc/Indy. As it stands now we will have 2 years really difficult and 2 years really easy as far as cross division games. But maybe that is the only way the sched worked without screwing someone else royaly.

In the end I dont foresee a team running the table in this conference, especially with the advent of the CCG. Hopefully that doesnt hurt the conferences chances of getting teams into BCS games. It will depend alot on national perception, hopefully we are viewed as the SEC's equal or better.

When they're on their game ... Purdue is kinda like the Big 10's version of Texas Tech. It's not an accident that the Boilermakers almost beat Oregon last year (when the Ducks had Masoli) and they DID beat Ohio State.

Purdue has been pretty inconsistent as of late ... however, when they're executing, they're capable of being a very dangerous squad.

Quite frankly, I'd much rather have Iowa retain Wisky as a protected rival ... Iowa typically matches up much better against Wisky than Purdue.

Given how Nebraska has fared against Texas Tech as of late ... it might be for the better that they're initially missing Purdue too.

Nebraska's schedule is tough, but it really isn't much worse than many others. As mentioned above, they are coming in at a good time, as Iowa, Wisc, and OSU are losing a lot of experience and Nebbie should be returning a good team. We'll cross that bridge next year, though.

For this year, I hope they beat the living crap out of the Big12. Nothing would make me giggle more then Nebbie handing OU and UT double-digit losses on the way out the door...

Nebraska's schedule is tough, but it really isn't much worse than many others. As mentioned above, they are coming in at a good time, as Iowa, Wisc, and OSU are losing a lot of experience and Nebbie should be returning a good team. We'll cross that bridge next year, though.

For this year, I hope they beat the living crap out of the Big12. Nothing would make me giggle more then Nebbie handing OU and UT double-digit losses on the way out the door...

Along these lines it would show that on a national scale they just kicked the butts of 2 of the best teams in the country. Would add much more hype to the big 10 then there is now.

I remember when Penn State fans thought the same thing when they were joining the B10. . .

Not to worry, a TavernClown from work has assured me that no one in the Big Ten can compete with Neb and the Huskers will breeze thru the conference.

Big Boys? Seriously? How many national football championships does Iowa have? Oh yeah... ZERO!

Your jealousy is showing again.. lol

get over it.... maybe if Iowa ever got a built up team and actually won a national championship they'd grow up a little and respect their neighbor's accomplishments. Unfortunately, too many Iowa fans have such an inferiority complex in the light of Nebraska's glory days that they can't see their own worth outside of bashing other teams.

Latest posts