Nebraska's first year coach may not make it to November

I've lived in Omaha for 15+ years and went to college in Ne. From '94-'99 as a Hawkeye fan. It's glorious to me.
I live in Omaha now and have since 1990. It is glorious to me as well. To listen to the Fuskers having to shut their mouth again is like a dream come true. It's not easy living here but it just got a little lighter of a load to bear!

Nebraska isn't a bad team, they've just been on the wrong end of close games (for reasons that make you shake your head). Still, I would not take them lightly.
They are on the wrong end of close games just like Iowa has been for years; that's what makes it enjoyable.

Agree 100% about taking Nebby lightly.

Can't take them lightly just like Iowa can't take ISU lightly.

:D

If they can him no one will touch that job.

Fire a first year, classy experienced guy after firing a guy that won 9 games 8 years in a row. Who would take that?

There are hundreds of current college coaches that would take the Nebraska job in a heartbeat. There are ~66 power-5 jobs, and a never-ending supply of guys who want them. Narduzzi has been a great DC for a long time, and the best thing he could do was Pitt.

They need to "consider where Iowa is" as they look at thier program

:cool:

This statement sums up, in a nutshell, what is wrong with Nebraska. Their arrogance clouds their judgment about everything associated with their football program. Riley is a tired, "over the hill" coach and yet they hired him because of his "personality" as compared to Pelini. Dumb

This statement sums up, in a nutshell, what is wrong with Nebraska. Their arrogance clouds their judgment about everything associated with their football program. Riley is a tired, "over the hill" coach and yet they hired him because of his "personality" as compared to Pelini. Dumb

Never really thought of it like that; however, it is 1000% correct.

Sadness in Nebraska is sunlight in Hawkeye land. Bask in the sunlight Hawk fans! Love watching them spiral down in flames! They came over to the Big Ten thinking they (their fans) were going to own the B1G like they did the Big 12 North and well it just isn't that easy. This is a real conference where you have to prove your better every Saturday. You can't just put a W on your schedule in August and expect it to happen. Doesn't work that way, Purdue and Indiana are not Iowa State.

...and to think....ISUx still wants to join the B1G so it can be competitive in FB....uh huh

Latest posts