Nebraska Tailgate

Yler4cy

Good morning all! I am taking my Dad to the game this weekend, he turns 60 on the 27th, and wanted to know if there was a specific spot that everyone is getting together to tailgate? We have been to IA City for the Nebraska game the last 3 times there, but thought we would try Lincoln out. By the looks of it, their tailgating is pretty spread out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, any fans camping this weekend? I found a really cheap campground about 6 miles away from the stadium that is $25 a night. Better than paying hotel prices.

http://lancastereventcenter.org/plan-visit/camping

Actually I grew up a Hawkeye fan, that came from wrestling since I was 5 years old, but went to ISU for an engineering degree. I guess I took the conversion 101 class. Either way, I go to at least 1 Hawkeye game a year, and still cheer them on when they aren't playing ISU. If I don't take my Dad he is too cheap to buy his own tickets. He does come down for every ISU game to tailgate though.

their tailgate is spread out - and in a downtown area. There is no real specific spot that I know of, wish I could be more help. I am going and we're just gonna wing it like always

InGoodCo - Yeah I went my first year out of college when Neb was still in the Big 12. They don't really tailgate all the much either from what I witnessed that day. Thanks for trying though.

The weather looks great, 70 degrees according to weather.com.

Good morning all! I am taking my Dad to the game this weekend, he turns 60 on the 27th, and wanted to know if there was a specific spot that everyone is getting together to tailgate? We have been to IA City for the Nebraska game the last 3 times there, but thought we would try Lincoln out. By the looks of it, their tailgating is pretty spread out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, any fans camping this weekend? I found a really cheap campground about 6 miles away from the stadium that is $25 a night. Better than paying hotel prices.

http://lancastereventcenter.org/plan-visit/camping
We are going to the Hawkeye Huddle at the Embassy Suites Downtown Lincoln from 12:00-2:00.

Too bad the game isn't going to be played at the airport. :([/QUOTE]

I've been to Lincoln a lot for family events. You can see th stadium from the airport. It's only about 4 miles away

I was being silly.

Not surprised that you can see one from the other... I think you can stand on a beer can and see Denver though.

Too bad the game isn't going to be played at the airport. :(

I've been to Lincoln a lot for family events. You can see th stadium from the airport. It's only about 4 miles away[/QUOTE]
You can see anything anywhere in and or around Lincoln being that there are no trees. Its just open prairie land.

Latest posts