Nebraska - Real or Bad Boob Job

Agree that Minney wont be a factor. Lets get that clear right now.

Need NE to take a loss this weekend, don't care how.

I agree that Nebraska doesn't appear to have any real upgrades on their D from last year. ...
Win or loose, I think this game is going to be costly for the Huskers and show their lack of experienced depth on the D-line. Sparty plays physical and the Hawks rarely escape that game w/o some serious injuries. A D-line that mostly consists of underclassmen doesn't bode well for Nebby and any injuries there potentially could derail their run. Contrast that to Sparty's experienced O-line. Should be great fun to watch.

I actually think they are a good boob job, meaning they definitely look good, but ultimately they are not the real thing. When everything else falls apart around them they may still look good but they will just be speed bumps for the hawks come November. We may motorboat them just for fun after we spank em.

I actually think they are a good boob job, meaning they definitely look good, but ultimately they are not the real thing. When everything else falls apart around them they may still look good but they will just be speed bumps for the hawks come November. We may motorboat them just for fun after we spank em.

Sounds like the 1997 Iowa hawkeyes.

looking fwd to this one. Very interested to see how Neb D performs. Their D had a lot of question marks coming into fall, then injuries in camp.

Be a conference loss, not a division loss.

What is the difference. In the big 10 they are all losses.

You cant have nebby winning a non-division game.

Iowa needs as many losses by their division foes to the other division, period.

We needed Mich to beat minny last week.

If Nebraska can't score on MSU, I'm not sure if any team in the BIG will be able to. They might have the best RB & WR in the B1G. Armstrong isn't incredibly accurate but he's throwing for 200 yards per game & can hurt you with his legs.

Win or lose, IMO they still have a leg up on Iowa & Wisconsin until those 2 teams solve their QB issues. They'll have to beat Wisconsin on the road which is a tough task but playing at Kinnick won't be a big disadvantage to them.

Certainly, their 'vaunted' offense is going to get its TOUGHEST test, with the MSU defense at
Spartan's stadium on Saturday.

Expect the school of Nowledge to not look very smart on Sunday morning.

FWIW, NUs offense has had the best success of any team against MSUs defense the past three years, even without Martinez last year.

Not that it will necessarily equate to success this year, but its an interesting trend, none the less.

Abdullah is totes legit.

This. I'd put him as our #3 RB all time.

23 carries for 85 yards against the Hox last year. I'll take Weisman, thank you very much. Abdullah only looks good because Pelini is an idiot and runs him like 30 times against crap teams, and that boosts his stats.

Not sure if trolling, but he had 1690 total rushing yards and was the only back to have 100 yards rushing against MSU last year, iirc.

What is the difference. In the big 10 they are all losses.

You cant have nebby winning a non-division game.

Iowa needs as many losses by their division foes to the other division, period.

We needed Mich to beat minny last week.

Agreed 82 they are all important. However now with 6 games played against division foes, in the end it will most likely come down to how did you do in the division. Much more divisional weight now with expansion.

Regardless who wins - MSU or Nebraksa, it will be proof for ESPN of how bad the Big Ten is.

Where as when Miss State beats LSU it just goes to show you how dadgum good the SEC is.

I am siding with the home team in this one, but Nebraska has passed every test they've been given this season thus far. While it can be said they haven't played anyone yet, that applies to the vast majority of college football still. I think if it were in Lincoln I would side with the Skirts. I'd most certainly love to see the annual melt down in Nebraska next week if they get their doors blown off, but for some reason this team has had a different feel to it so far.

I am siding with the home team in this one, but Nebraska has passed every test they've been given this season thus far. While it can be said they haven't played anyone yet, that applies to the vast majority of college football still. I think if it were in Lincoln I would side with the Skirts. I'd most certainly love to see the annual melt down in Nebraska next week if they get their doors blown off, but for some reason this team has had a different feel to it so far.

This is a tossup game. I think the Husker might just pull it out. MSU has not exactly been playing anyone since Oregon. They might be shocked if they get punched in the mouth by Abdullah and Gregory.

I know it is better for the Hawkeyes if Nebby loses, but I think they could run the table til Black Friday....and Iowa will have to take them out and make Delany cry.

23 carries for 85 yards against the Hox last year. I'll take Weisman, thank you very much. Abdullah only looks good because Pelini is an idiot and runs him like 30 times against crap teams, and that boosts his stats.

Naaah, this is a little bit different than Dan MacCarney force feeding the rock to Troy Davis 40+ attempts a game.

Said this in a different thread, but Nebby has always peaked this time of year under Pelini. Just like T-Mart’s entire career, they overuse certain skill position guys and the offense is flat by November. Last year was a prime example, and considering Abdullah is 5’8 and has been used a TON already, there’s no question he and Armstrong won’t be this fresh come Thanksgiving. Add in the fact that they play @MSU, @Wis, and @IA.

Latest posts