Nebraska over Rutgers by 21

I see where their guard Allen has called it a season.

That said, don't be surprised if we beat Nebraska by fewer points than we did Ohio State.

Don't know what happened to Rutgers last night, didn't even realize there was a conference game. And there is know way of knowing which Rutgers team will show up next week if we draw them.

Nebraska was up by 30 at one point. Rutgers looked sluggish and like they didn't care to be there. I didn't see the start of the game. Just end of 1st half and 2nd half start until the game was gone.

I've seen Nebraska play a couple of other times with Allen and he seemed to be the offense. Maybe without him they are a better moving offense. I don't recall which game, but Nebraska had the ball with game tied and last possession was atrocious. Allen brought his guy over to the guy with the ball and created a double team with not much time left. Fred threw his mask. Might have been Illinois game.

We shouldn't take anyone for granted.

Nebraska was up by 30 at one point. Rutgers looked sluggish and like they didn't care to be there. I didn't see the start of the game. Just end of 1st half and 2nd half start until the game was gone.

I've seen Nebraska play a couple of other times with Allen and he seemed to be the offense. Maybe without him they are a better moving offense. I don't recall which game, but Nebraska had the ball with game tied and last possession was atrocious. Allen brought his guy over to the guy with the ball and created a double team with not much time left. Fred threw his mask. Might have been Illinois game.

We shouldn't take anyone for granted.
I'm pretty sure it was Illinois. Too bad too because we would probably be ranked 4th had nebraska pulled that game out.

Nebbie has looked better lately, but the Hawks will be a match up nightmare for them. Garza will pound them down low and they will have no answer. I could see Jbo in this game lighting them up from deep when they try to double Garza. He's long overdue for a long range shootout. Go Hawks

Nebraska is still very poopy. They have no inside game and average perimeter players. They have played better lately, but I think last night was their crescendo.

After all the terrible losses we've had to Nebraska over the last several years, Iowa should not be sleeping on them. What a huge let down that would be.
You are spot on, Ree. Nebby has punched the Hawks in the gut several times when Hawks were heavily favored. I recall the year Huskers came back from 20 point deficit to beat Woodbury & company. Both games this week are treacherous. Hawks need to stay focused or they could lose both games.

Nebraska has been competitive the last few games. I’m glad they won by 21. It should keep Iowa focused.
Yup no sleepwalking through it. Coaches should be able to have the players attention prepping for it. Glad we've had a few days to rest up for it. They'll be on a relatively short turn around. Hope we bring our A game

I was about to post the same. Nebraska has won two in a row (Minny and Rutgers) and, generally speaking, have played a bit better down the home stretch. Fred also knows us well, so we cannot sleep on this one.

KenPom has our win % at 94. I don't think this game is as easy as it looks, the guys better bring it and run these guys out of the gym early.

As well as we have been playing, I still think the final game against Wisconsin is still solidly in "could go either way" territory. Against that backdrop, we'd be smart to bring the intensity and get the Nebraska W locked down.

The best news is that both games are in CHA.
Yeah, we've (somewhat quietly - i.e. I don't think we get a lot of recognition as a tough place to play) been an extremely tough place to play.

KenPom does a sampling of every team's last 60 home and last 60 away conference games and calculates a differential. Iowa's is 10th best in all of D1.

Now, of course, you have to entertain the possibility that there is something of a blurry line between "tough team at home" and "lousy road team" but, either way, I think you have to be glad these two are at CHA.

After all the terrible losses we've had to Nebraska over the last several years, Iowa should not be sleeping on them. What a huge let down that would be.
I've seen a few of them in person since i live an hour from Lincoln. We should handle them at home you'd hope.

What do we have to worry about. It's not like Hoiberg has ever beaten Iowa. Wait...he beat us with 4 midgets and a bearded fat lady last year. We better not overlook these guys...you can't overlook anyone in the B10.

Somewhat related, I just saw an article that Pitino is telling his boys his days are likely numbered at Minny.

Mixed feelings. I hate him and wish him ill. He deserves to be fired. But, I like the largely mediocre results he has produced.

It is all about NCAA seeding.

A loss to a ranked Wisconsin wouldn't hurt that much.

A loss to Nebraska would hurt a lot. We better be ready.

Let's just win 2 this week.

Latest posts