Nebraska or ND to Big 10 rooting conundrum

cmonhox

In a purely selfish way, I don't know that I want either of those institutions in the B10 for the simple fact that I would have a friggin hard time pulling for either in any bowl game, or March madness tournament.

The dislike I have for those teams is equivalent to a thousand suns.

As it is right now, once we're done w/ conf play, I generally cheer for every B10 team in their bowl games (especially BCS games), or NCAA March madness games. I love to see the B10 teams doing well, especially when it deflates the mindsets & misperceptions of the quality of the B10.

It would go against every fiber of my being to be rooting for a Nebraska football win.

Having said that, I feel either school would add to the B10 football landscape. Would be interesting to see a Nebraska slate against OSU, Penn State, us, Mich & Mich State, Wiscy, etc. Maybe it would tone them down a few?

Jesus man get over it. Has the huskers done anything personal to you. Herbie come over and beat up your sister or something. Its friggin football for god sake. You or I have no control over what happens. Like i didnt get my dish of **** in 2007.

And until all of this happened were not even in the same conference and havent played eachother in 10 years. I live in iowa and i root for all iowa sports. Why single out Nebraska, from what i hear michigan and ohio state fans are bigger dicks then we are. I mean i just dont understand what the hate is for. If nebraska fans give you some squaking, give it back. My team lost to iowa state this year and do you think that has been easy to handle. Good god man its not major life decisons or brain surgery. Its football, a sport where no one watching it at home has any control over the outcome.

Sorry just dont get the hate.

Me either...I would like to see NE join the Big 10 simply because I think some great rivalries develop, not excluding Iowa/NE, NE/Wisconsin, NE/MI, NE/PSU, NE/OSU, NE/MSU...all play similar styles, which would make for some great games. NE just plays a Big 10 style football. The games would be fun to watch, especially in 75,000 plus stadiums. I hope NE gets invited and I hope they accept.

I would be ok rooting for Nebraska. For ND, I just put them in the same bucket as Illiniois and NW...ie.do not root for under any circumstances. Three black sheep instead of two..no biggie.

Hate the blackskirts with a passion. If they join the Big 10 the only game I might want them to win is their bowl game. I wouldn't mind, actually I would be thrilled, if they became the bottom dweller of the Big 10.

Latest posts