Nebraska/Iowa Sirius Radio Announcers

sportstalent

I wanted to watch the game, but had to settle listening to as much as I could on Sirius Radio. Here is what the problem was; they were Nebraska announcers.

Oh my lord, when Nebraska made a tackle, you would have thought they won a National Championship, this was when the game was close.
As the game went along and they celebrated every tackle the announcers talked about "our" defense and how they were bringing "us" back into the game. Our Blackshirts are really putting the clamps on Iowa as Nebraska is now out-gaining the Hawks. Really? Apparently, I was listening to a different game then they were calling because Iowa was winning.

The turning point in the game though was epic. When Nebraska fumbled the last time here was the call, my wife and I were cracking up:

"Oh no, Iowa recovers." Nothing else, that was it for at least 30 seconds, you would have thought the good Christian Tom passed or something.

It turned from bad to worse as they started calling "our" team, Nebraska, distancing themselves from "their" team, it was so funny.

The line of the day though: "Offsetting penalties, one on each side." I mean that is top notch analysis.

Anyway, just wanted to say I was glad Iowa won, Pelini should be fired, but Nebraska won't unless he has a total meltdown after their bowl games.

Oh they are terrible. That's Greg Sharpe and Matt Davison (the one who caught the miracle catch for Nebby against Mizzou). I understand that listening to the local announcers that they are going to be biased, but they are just over the top. I live in Nebraska and often will listen to them call the Nebraska game. I got to listen to them call the UCLA game where Nebraska gave up a huge halftime lead to lose the game. Now that was a fun one.

Oh they are terrible. That's Greg Sharpe and Matt Davison (the one who caught the miracle catch for Nebby against Mizzou). I understand that listening to the local announcers that they are going to be biased, but they are just over the top. I live in Nebraska and often will listen to them call the Nebraska game. I got to listen to them call the UCLA game where Nebraska gave up a huge halftime lead to lose the game. Now that was a fun one.

I could only imagine. I seriously couldn't believe just how bad they were. I expect homers, but you would have thought it was a Nebraska scrimmage, or playing a team they were blowing out.

It just gives you insight to how their fanbase is...just pathetic.

That 'miracle' catch that never should have been?

you're not well acquainted with Garry Dolphin and Ed Podalack are you?

Iowa's announcers are homers too.

you're not well acquainted with Garry Dolphin and Ed Podalack are you?

Iowa's announcers are homers too.

Actually I am not, don't listen to Iowa on radio, watch them when they are on. I am actually an A&M football fan that was in an Iowa household, still love my Iowa Basketball.

That said, I do remember Jim Zabel...lol

Didn't have to listen to those Nebraska guys on Sirius...the 'Nebraska guys' that were calling the game for ABC/ESPN were bad enough to listen to....

Latest posts