Nebraska has safety concerns about Saturday's game

I've seen a few youtube clips. I know, I know, that doesn't mean that all of their fans are that bad.

But from what they have been playing on KFAB and 1620 the zone, and from what many Husker fans have said, State College treated Nebraska fans worse than any place we have been. Worse than Madison, worse than Boulder, worse than Columbia, Missouri. Many Husker fans said that they will never go back to Penn St. for a game because they feared for their safety.

Could it be you were not in our conf? Just a thought. Do you think Braska fans would treat Bama fans the same way they would treat Wisky or Iowa fans? I am not saying they wouldnt, I am just saying you have school to school rivalry, then if you throw in some conf to conf on top of that, I could see where other confs would not be treated as well.

Could it be you were not in our conf? Just a thought. Do you think Braska fans would treat Bama fans the same way they would treat Wisky or Iowa fans? I am not saying they wouldnt, I am just saying you have school to school rivalry, then if you throw in some conf to conf on top of that, I could see where other confs would not be treated as well.
I guess I see things completely opposite as you. When you only play a team a couple of times every 20 or so years, I would think that the "rivalry" would be much more civil, as opposed to a team that you play every single year. I would think that the lack of history and animosity would dictate that you would treat the opposing fans more civily.

There is much less at stake. At least the Washington fans that I talked to a few weeks back said as much. Said that they were treated well in Lincoln back in 91, and that was a reason why they decided to make a return trip this year.

My wife and I made the PSU trip this year. Got tickets on StubHub and sat in the middle of a bunch of PSU fans. I have to agree with Hoffa that they were some of the most congenial opposing fans I've come across on the road. There was one idiot in our section who threw a water bottle at another PSU fan who he thought was standing too much several rows in front of him, and another guy who hassled me a little bit when I VERY obnoxiously cheered the officials for erasing a Redd TD with a holding call. ;)

My god- nobody stereotypes entire fan bases more than husker fans. Get over yourselves. I'd expect more from "the best fans in America". It's not always about you.

My god- nobody stereotypes entire fan bases more than husker fans. Get over yourselves. I'd expect more from "the best fans in America". It's not always about you.

No doubt. Osborne needs to STFU with his statements on the safety at Penn State. They arent going into Vietnam

Not that anyone asked my opinion but this situation seems primed for violence. I'm not saying something will happen but the possibility is exponentially higher than it normally is.

I think the environment will be fine ... definitely will be charged ... That being said, I highly doubt Penn State fans are going to take out their frustrations on Nebraska fans. Nebraska has nothing to do with the turmoil in Happy Valley. It's a football game ... Once the kickoff gets under way it will be two teams trying to win a football game. I think the safety concern is overblown ...

I think the environment will be fine ... definitely will be charged ... That being said, I highly doubt Penn State fans are going to take out their frustrations on Nebraska fans. Nebraska has nothing to do with the turmoil in Happy Valley. It's a football game ... Once the kickoff gets under way it will be two teams trying to win a football game. I think the safety concern is overblown ...

Come on Braska is now our conf brothers. Show some empathy. They are skurred.
LIFE Dont be skurred clip.wmv - YouTube

Latest posts