Nebraska gets destroyed @ Iowa official game thread

Too bad the starters couldn’t hand off this game to the bench, takes the luster off this game for me and makes me worry about the rematch.
Meh...the closest they cut it to was 18. And they are always tough on us over there regardless of the standings. I would be worried about the rematch even if we pulled away by thirty or forty.

We were quick shooting too much when Nebraska made it's "run", then Fran finally convinced them to run a half court set and Patrick found Connor in the corner for a trey and that was the end of that.

Last edited:
Closer to Josh O than Connor. :p
Had to go there huh? Had to bring weight into it.

Speaking of Josh O needs some playing time out there in real games but he got 3 minutes? 3 minutes in that game? How do you improve only in practice and barely getting in games? No rush. Not like we lost Nunge and need big men ASAP. Nope we're good. :(

We were quick shooting too much when Nebraska made it's "run", then Fran finally convinced them to run a half court set and Patrick found Connor in the corner for a trey and that was the end of that.

I say tom-ate-to, you say tom-ahh-to. I say Fran is a bit too slow on the adjustments, you say the team takes a bit long to decide to listen to him. Same difference in the end. :)

Had to go there huh? Had to bring weight into it.

Speaking of Josh O needs some playing time out there in real games but he got 3 minutes? 3 minutes in that game? How do you improve only in practice and barely getting in games? No rush. Not like we lost Nunge and need big men ASAP. Nope we're good. :(

I say tom-ate-to, you say tom-ahh-to. I say Fran is a bit too slow on the adjustments, you say the team takes a bit long to decide to listen to him. Same difference in the end. :)
Josh can play at that weight. Look at Kofi Cockburn. He just needs to improve his footwork. A lot. And you would think he would have learned a thing or two going up against Garza in practice every day.

As for the tomato debate I think it's a little of both. And that brings up an interesting discussion about quick shooting. I think k it leads to ,ore runs and momentum swings than anything else. Nebraska's quick shooting midway through the first half fueled our run, and Keegan's run, and basically decided the game

Josh can play at that weight. Look at Kofi Cockburn. He just needs to improve his footwork. A lot. And you would think he would have learned a thing or two going up against Garza in practice every day.

As for the tomato debate I think it's a little of both. And that brings up an interesting discussion about quick shooting. I think k it leads to ,ore runs and momentum swings than anything else. Nebraska's quick shooting midway through the first half fueled our run, and Keegan's run, and basically decided the game
Yep, just joking. Not the same things. Fran is a bit slow on some line-up subs and time outs and such. If the team gets caught up in a quicker pace and some bad shot selection that is a different thing. That is discipline. They need to know when to stop and get under control before things really get rolling the other way. J Bo more times than not is more a culprit here than a leader slowing it up and resetting things. Keegan is that guy really but the guards should have it more than they do. J Bo getting shot happy and/or JT going too fast and not as controlled as he should can lead to bad things.

Latest posts