Nebraska Basketball gave their students one half of the floor seats!!

Also you may not realize it on tv, but Nebraska's main student section is actually behind one of the baskets.

Also, Minnesota's student section is behind one of the baskets and they're one of the loudest and craziest student sections in the big ten. Where you put the students doesnt make them louder and more engaged.
Bullshit again!!! They were standing across from the media table, on the floor. They were in full view the entire game! Why do you make up stuff to fit your broke ass argument?
fde6fd41-dd8d-4e16-9367-8e5ff39ccd19.png

Attended Central vs Buena Vista yesterday.

Centrals student section attendance was larger than some of Iowa’s this year. Let that sink in awhile.

Build it and they will come? Prove it to me.

Also you may not realize it on tv, but Nebraska's main student section is actually behind one of the baskets.

Also, Minnesota's student section is behind one of the baskets and they're one of the loudest and craziest student sections in the big ten. Where you put the students doesnt make them louder and more engaged.

Wisconsin sells out basketball consistently. The students have limitations on the number of tickets available to them. They sit behind the basket at one end. The Kohl center is the most boring venue I have seen in awhile. Its like a big concrete box with no personality...until you get into your seat and listen to the noise. You have to park in the next county and walk a half hour minimum to get to the Kohl Center.

Carver Hawkeye is one of the neatest venues in the BT. The fact that you walk in and the seating is all below you, with the concourse around the top with displays, adequate concessions, good rest rooms, easy in and out pre and post game. The individual seats are a plus; I am a big guy and I fit into my seat just fine. CH could very easily be a loud, crazy "pit" type of environment. On occasion, it has been. I have had season ticks through part of Alford, all of Lick, and all of Fran, so I have a pretty good idea of how the fans behave at games. The criticism of the "blue hairs" is nonsense. I sit in a section that is mid court, 25 rows up. Not a big donor, just bought a single ticket at the right time. The people around me are a mixed bag. Blue hairs, young couples with kids, grad students, age group is a variety. And, my section is loud when the game is exciting.

TV contracts are indeed the biggest drawback to higher game attendance. Yes, there are those who would prefer to stay home and have a beer on the couch rather than brave the elements and go to CH. So be it.
The bigger issue, I believe, is that the game times are really decimating our fan base. Tuesday night, we play Minnesota, a big rivalry, at 8:00 PM! Live in Des Moines? Ain't going. Live in Davenport? Ain't going. Live in Waterloo? Ain't going. Have school age kids? Ain't going. Work at 7:00 a.m. on Wed? Probably not.

There is nothing wrong with our basketball arena. And, yes, I had season tickets for a number of years with Ralph and Lute in the Barn. It was great. Today, the majority of fans would demand a new venue.

Win, baby, Win!

Give our students the prime seats and they may almost circle the arena one deep. Iowa St. and Purdue, as two examples, put their students in the end zones and no one is going to argue that they aren't infinitely tougher environments than Carver might ever be. It's not the seats. It's the people and the enthusiasm they bring. Iowa students just don't care enough to show up and make noise. No reason to reward them.

You got reading problems, huh? This thread had nothing to do with how students on the floor could make this team play better. I have no idea how you extracted that theory from what was posted.
So why exactly do you want to give the students these prime seats? Because it looks cool to you on TV? That seems like an even weaker reason than because you think it will improve the team somehow.

So why exactly do you want to give the students these prime seats? Because it looks cool to you on TV? That seems like an even weaker reason than because you think it will improve the team somehow.
If I need to explain it to you, I know you've never competed in front of a crowd.

See that's just it. When I played in high school and college, I rarely ever heard any crowd noise. I was focused on the game. I could hear my coaches and my teammates, the crowd not so much,

Our students wont show up regardless. Might as well give the good seats to the blue hairs who can help contribute towards Frans buyout

Bullshit!

Bullshit indeed!

Quit trying to run the basketball team like a profit making business instead of a college basketball team. Hand out 2000 free tickets for students in the first 20 rows around the floor and turn that place will magically turn into home court advantage. Bring back the old Field House atmosphere.

Bullshit again!!! They were standing across from the media table, on the floor. They were in full view the entire game! Why do you make up stuff to fit your broke ass argument?
fde6fd41-dd8d-4e16-9367-8e5ff39ccd19.png

Learn to read a legend? The red is the student section...theres red behind the basket and there are 5-7 rows along one side of the court.

Bullshit indeed!

Quit trying to run the basketball team like a profit making business instead of a college basketball team. Hand out 2000 free tickets for students in the first 20 rows around the floor and turn that place will magically turn into home court advantage. Bring back the old Field House atmosphere.

Barta is about money...its what he was bought in to do. Like I said earlier, look where he stuffed the students at Kinnick.

See that's just it. When I played in high school and college, I rarely ever heard any crowd noise. I was focused on the game. I could hear my coaches and my teammates, the crowd not so much,
Those crowds must have sucked. You would probably fit in perfect at CHA.

Learn to read a legend? The red is the student section...theres red behind the basket and there are 5-7 rows along one side of the court.
I read the legend. The red section on one side of the floor is what I was talking about. Did you read the OP? I saw the game! They had 16,000+ people in that arena, playing against a BIG bottom feeder (Iowa). That team has nothing but trash history. We're lucky to get 10K people to show up, without running a Chris Street day. You make all of the excuses you want. The Nebraska athletic department is laughing in your face, all the way to the bank!

Yes, that must have been it, it couldn't be that fans have little influence on the outcome of a game.
Every little bit counts. How do you think it effects recruiting? When recruits come in and watch a game and you can hear the roar of the knitting needles? The thrill of victory when an old lady tells a young fan to sit down! How would you describe our basketball recruiting over the last 25 years?

Latest posts