Nebraksa Omaha tonight (might make you feel better about Sunday)

I know what you're saying but it's really not a worry. See John's thread where he talks about the remaining schedule...something like 17 out of 31 games against top 50 teams. This isn't like last year where we played no one in out of conference and then all of the weak teams in conference twice...losing the few RPI boosting games available. We have approximately 17 opportunities as opposed to maybe half a dozen last year. Don't stress over it. We're fine.

We had 12 games against KenPom top 50 teams last year, we just went 4-8 against those teams.

We had 12 games against KenPom top 50 teams last year, we just went 4-8 against those teams.

Thanks! I didn't know the exact number...was exaggerating a bit I knew. We will have more opportunities and I think we will win more than 1/3 of those games this year...expecting far better than 6-11 in those 17 games.

Holding onto the transitive property this early into the season? yikes.

How's this for transitive property!?!?!

Iowa beat Augustana by the same margin as ISU, however, Iowa doubled UNC Wilmington's score. ISU did not. Guess you might as well count the Iowa game as a loss there CWood! That way you won't be heartbroken when it happens.

How's this for transitive property!?!?!

Iowa beat Augustana by the same margin as ISU, however, Iowa doubled UNC Wilmington's score. ISU did not. Guess you might as well count the Iowa game as a loss there CWood! That way you won't be heartbroken when it happens.

You failed to mention that there are two different Augustana that we played. But pretty good none the less.

Whats up with Drake? I know they have a new coaching staff and have been very aggressive recruiting in chicagoland....are they gonna give us a game?

Whats up with Drake? I know they have a new coaching staff and have been very aggressive recruiting in chicagoland....are they gonna give us a game?

What's up with trying to discuss basketball when the boards in the middle of another Clown/Hawk urinating match?

And you a few of you guys held onto it when mentioning Baylor beat KU... Funny how that works, Deano!

I only do it in response to the idiots who say Baylor dunks again. Do you really think I just bring up Baylor out of nowhere? Transitive properties don't work, but ISU fan certainly think that losing to Baylor proves something????

I have to say ISU BB fan is super ******* arrogant. By the way they act, you'd never guess that ISU has been to the NCAA tourney 3 whole times in the last 10 years, and haven't been to a sweet 16 for in over 13 years. It is hilarious to watch them mock programs like K-State, when K-State has been to the NCAA 4 years in a row, and have a conference championship. Lots and lots of arrogance from a team that was one of the last 8 teams in last year.

I only do it in response to the idiots who say Baylor dunks again. Do you really think I just bring up Baylor out of nowhere? Transitive properties don't work, but ISU fan certainly think that losing to Baylor proves something????

I have to say ISU BB fan is super ******* arrogant. By the way they act, you'd never guess that ISU has been to the NCAA tourney 3 whole times in the last 10 years, and haven't been to a sweet 16 for in over 13 years. It is hilarious to watch them mock programs like K-State, when K-State has been to the NCAA 4 years in a row, and have a conference championship. Lots and lots of arrogance from a team that was one of the last 8 teams in last year.

Hey when you pretend your losses are actually wins, it's a lot easier to overrate your own program. Remember they nearly swept Kansas last year and basically went to the final four. It's shocking that this is the same fan base that convinced themselves that Rhodes was actually turning their program around.

Message boards fans can be delusional. Similar to how a couple posters here (I don't tend to group everyone together like you and hawkfan33 tend to) were upset you guys weren't ranked in the pre-season. God forbid you guys finished 2nd in the NIT or that big ten predictions didn't have you guys in the top 4. It's not just an isu or iowa thing, its across the board, every fan base has those delusionals. It's funny you think it's only ISU fans.

Message boards fans can be delusional. Similar to how a couple posters here (I don't tend to group everyone together like you and hawkfan33 tend to) were upset you guys weren't ranked in the pre-season. God forbid you guys finished 2nd in the NIT or that big ten predictions didn't have you guys in the top 4. It's not just an isu or iowa thing, its across the board, every fan base has those delusionals. It's funny you think it's only ISU fans.

Who said I don't think other fan bases do it? I said ISU fan base is overall pretty arrogant for having 2 years of success. Not only that, but the 2 "successful" years have been a 7 seed and a 10 seed. It isn't like they are tearing it up and getting top 4 seeds and are top 15 in the country.

Who said I don't think other fan bases do it? I said ISU fan base is overall pretty arrogant for having 2 years of success. Not only that, but the 2 "successful" years have been a 7 seed and a 10 seed. It isn't like they are tearing it up and getting top 4 seeds and are top 15 in the country.

And posters here got arrogant over a runner up NIT finish.... I think more of it is that we had to deal with GMAC similar to how you guys had to deal with lickliter, so when you guys finally get over that hump and into the tournament, more arrogance will come from hawk fans. Plus you add onto it, we had chizik, and now have a year of football that has been pitiful to watch at times, if not all the time, so I think that has pushed a lot more excitement and messed with expectations for bball. I try to keep a level head most of time though, sucks when fans of the same team that I root for can't because their meltdowns become repetitive and boring.

And posters here got arrogant over a runner up NIT finish.... I think more of it is that we had to deal with GMAC similar to how you guys had to deal with lickliter, so when you guys finally get over that hump and into the tournament, more arrogance will come from hawk fans. Plus you add onto it, we had chizik, and now have a year of football that has been pitiful to watch at times, if not all the time, so I think that has pushed a lot more excitement and messed with expectations for bball. I try to keep a level head most of time though, sucks when fans of the same team that I root for can't because their meltdowns become repetitive and boring.

Who is arrogant about the NIT finish? I don't see posters around here running down ISU BB, saying they are terrible. Hawks are excited about THEIR team, I don't see them running anyone else down. Heck I don't see ANYTHING for the most part about ISU BB over here.

Hey when you pretend your losses are actually wins, it's a lot easier to overrate your own program. Remember they nearly swept Kansas last year and basically went to the final four. It's shocking that this is the same fan base that convinced themselves that Rhodes was actually turning their program around.

#Forward#Momentum

UNO almost beat UNLV yesterday 73-70. Safe to say I feel better about that close win last Sunday.

UNO almost beat UNLV yesterday 73-70. Safe to say I feel better about that close win last Sunday.

I felt better about it until I saw these scores:

Dixie St 71
UNLV 70

Adams St 67
UNLV 72

Sure they were exhibition games, but still I don't think UNLV will be that good this year.

UNO is a team that is still in transition to a Division 1 program. They can't even play in the postseason yet, but yet by comparing their wins, or close loss to an atrocious UNLV team.

Why are people grasping for straws so early in the season. Iowa looked awful against a poor team, plain and simple. Now if they continue to struggle against poor teams, hey we can panic.

I missed the game Thursday, so I look forward to watching tomorrow.

The best thing, let this opponent go and don't look back at it.

Latest posts