Nebraksa Omaha tonight (might make you feel better about Sunday)

golfingwags

They are up on UMKC 57-27 at halftime.

Couple things.

UMKC just lost to Creighton 96-70.....so for Omaha to be up 30 at half is pretty impressive. Also they scored 57 in the first half!

They have already won a road game vs a MAC school (NIU)...maybe they aren't a terrible team.

The only real reason that game matter is that hopefully UN-O can be decent to help us with our RPI.

It would be nice though if our early season struggle game (seems like most teams struggle with a cupcake more than they should) came against a decent team.

I hope they are better, the RPI would be helped if they won some games. The win tonight is going to hurt.

I hope they are better, the RPI would be helped if they won some games. The win tonight is going to hurt.

The tournament we're in has potential to give us as many good opponents as we had last year. Then we play Iowa State and Notre Dame. Drake's probably a better bad team than we played in the non-con last year and it's on a neutral court and Penn could be a decent team too. While I'd rather not play some of the worse teams in the nation when we could play team that are slightly better than the worst to help the RPI, I don't think it will be as bad as it was a year ago.

It's also hard to tell who is going to be among in the 200-300 range and who will be below 300, as far as scheduling cupcakes go.

It's also hard to tell who is going to be among in the 200-300 range and who will be below 300, as far as scheduling cupcakes go.

it is not as hard as you think, almost every preseason magazine has writeups on all conferences. Just do not schedule games against the teams projected to finish at the bottom of crappy conferences. The RPI rank of the opponents do not matter much, it is their overall w/l record that effects the RPI.

You could but how late do these small teams get scheduled? I have no clue how college basketball scheduling works.

Coaches have access to this kind of information well before they schedule games. You can even look at the teams rosters to see what each team has returning to project who will be decent. The win tonight will hurt as I doubt this team wins 5 games against D1 opponents.

I bet that UNO wins at least 15 games against D1 opponents. They will play UNLV tomorrow night and MN in December.

I'm pretty confident RPI isn't going to be an issue this year. We play the top tier conference teams twice and have some quality non conference games. We just have to get better and keep winning.

I'm pretty confident RPI isn't going to be an issue this year. We play the top tier conference teams twice and have some quality non conference games. We just have to get better and keep winning.

Not saying it would keep Iowa out, but it can affect the seeding. Honestly I cannot see our non conference RPI being much better than last year. The game on Sunday will have a big negative impact on the RPI as well. Iowa is better off not even playing the game. Put Upper Iowa on the schedule instead if they need the warm up game, D2 games do not count towards the RPI.

Not saying it would keep Iowa out, but it can affect the seeding. Honestly I cannot see our non conference RPI being much better than last year. The game on Sunday will have a big negative impact on the RPI as well. Iowa is better off not even playing the game. Put Upper Iowa on the schedule instead if they need the warm up game, D2 games do not count towards the RPI.

False, Abilene Christian is a transitional D-1 member, they won't count in the RPI.

I know what you're saying but it's really not a worry. See John's thread where he talks about the remaining schedule...something like 17 out of 31 games against top 50 teams. This isn't like last year where we played no one in out of conference and then all of the weak teams in conference twice...losing the few RPI boosting games available. We have approximately 17 opportunities as opposed to maybe half a dozen last year. Don't stress over it. We're fine.

Latest posts