Nebby tried to get a fill in non-conf opponent for Saturday then...

If a program leaves or is removed from their conference and ends up an independent because no one wants them; theoretically what would happen in the event everyone got tired of the bullshit and absolutely no one scheduled them? Would the NCAA (who in my opinion is as equally irrelevant in the realm of college football) step in and assign them a schedule?

I'm sure someone would schedule them as most teams are looking for winnable games against teams that are occasionally competitive, but what if?

Well there would be a lot of mid majors who would play at Lincoln to get a big paycheck. They might have 12 home games

The Big Ten said no. Reporting shows that Nebby had already talked to Tenn-Chat to see if they would play.

So Nebby already wanting to change the agreed upon rules, they dont want to miss a home game and I am not sure if they are losing revenue because of Wisky not being able to play.

Why does Nebby seem to always want to play by their own rules and make noise when they are pretty lame in the league?
They’re Debby. They should be able to do whatever the f$&! they wanna do. After all, they won a ton of Nattys before the forward pass or helmets were invented, while playing in a conference that has less talent than the Sunbelt

If a program leaves or is removed from their conference and ends up an independent because no one wants them; theoretically what would happen in the event everyone got tired of the bullshit and absolutely no one scheduled them? Would the NCAA (who in my opinion is as equally irrelevant in the realm of college football) step in and assign them a schedule?

I'm sure someone would schedule them as most teams are looking for winnable games against teams that are occasionally competitive, but what if?
This would actually work for them. They can load up on Towson St and a bunch of MAC teams, like the old days, and go undefeated and claim another Natty, like the good old times

I propose a 3-way trade

Neb. ---> Big 12
WV. ----> SEC
Mizzou ----> Big Ten
Reminds me of a similar thread of a couple years ago, in which we all voiced our opinions of who should we bring into the conf. I voted W. Vir, but logically, Missouri and Notre Dame would be the best choices.

To me since the season is an asterisk they could have just made it a 7 game schedule with 2 bye/covid dates and let the East and West champs play in a combination B1G title/bowl game. Let whatever bowl game it is double as the B1G championship. 7 games with 2 byes only extends the season by a week and allows ample time for covid whoopsies.
Yeah but would that still let OSU be in the hunt for a title? If it wouldn't they sure wouldn't want anything to do with it and unlike NE the BIG would bow down to OSUs wishes.

Yeah but would that still let OSU be in the hunt for a title? If it wouldn't they sure wouldn't want anything to do with it and unlike NE the BIG would bow down to OSUs wishes.
Valid point but I guess I don't really have an opinion either way. When this neutered season got announced and the NCAA said no eligibility is lost, I started looking at this thing as a mulligan being offered to fans for some laughs. I think it's good in that players get lots of full speed reps instead of totally losing out, but I won't take it too serious till it's back to a full season. Hopefully that's 2021...

Entirely off base. It's not an all parts equal equation. Iowa didn't come out and threaten to go outside the conference when the conference shutdown. Iowa didn't take a we'll play anyone approach trying to flex their muscles at the BIG TEN only to pull a complete 180 and whine like bitches when they got hammered with the schedule they received (whether a fair or unfair move by the league). Finally Iowa didn't agree with the terms stipulating that they would only play a conference schedule and then go about reaching out to a potential opponent without going through the league first.

Do I feel bad for the kids absolutely. But professionalism and integrity mean something to me and unfortunately I see very little of that coming from Lincoln. So I guess to me it's not because they're a rival and Nebraska, but because they're a program that has this underlying sense of entitlement that the rules don't apply to them and that the conference owes them something.
Well then that's because of who they are as far as what I was getting at. I get that the entire context of it all mattering. I was just asking if that's what you meant by that. Kids getting stuck in the cross fire of adults isn't new either. Those kids coulda chose not to go to that dumpster fire too.

Latest posts