Nebby Tix

Hawkfromnorwalk

For those trying to get tix to the Nebby game through the university just an FYI they sent out the reject letters today. We were an unfortunate recipient but from the sounds of it, so were a bunch of other people. The email states that a minimum of 400 priority points were needed to be considered for the tickets.

It's a bit unfortunate that they allowed their biggest donors (mostly corporations) to secure up to 6 tickets. That leaves us low-life, regular donors out in the cold. You know, those of us who actually take $$$ out of our back pocket, not out of the corporate cash-register. Those who choose season tickets over vacations or other things around the house. We're proles I guess.

For those trying to get tix to the Nebby game through the university just an FYI they sent out the reject letters today. We were an unfortunate recipient but from the sounds of it, so were a bunch of other people. The email states that a minimum of 400 priority points were needed to be considered for the tickets.

I was the unlucky recipient of the same email today. I was shocked when they said 400 points was the cut off. How many people can have that many points? I mean that is a he-ll of a lot of points.
I figured I wouldn't get tickets but it was worth a try for $6. Not to mention you get the $6 back. I am just shocked by the amount of priority you needed to get the tix. What kind of people have 400 points? Are they sponsors or what?

It's a bit unfortunate that they allowed their biggest donors (mostly corporations) to secure up to 6 tickets. That leaves us low-life, regular donors out in the cold.

400 did seem kind of high. I've read from some people that they have been buying tickets for over 20 years and aren't even close to the 400 point threshold.

"Prior to the 2006 football season, the UI Athletic Department established the priority points system to provide a systematic, orderly, and fair process to priority seating requests. Priority points will be calculated as outlined below.

PointsDescription 3 for each year of purchase of season ticket for sport involved (football season tickets for football, men's basketball for men's basketball, ect.)* 1 for the cumulative total of athletics contributions beginning in 1974** 1for annual giving to the I-Club at the I-Club level*** 3for annual giving to the I-Club at the Century Hawk level*** 5for annual giving to the I-Club at the Bronze Hawk level*** 10for annual giving to the I-Club at the Silver Hawk level*** 20for annual giving to the I-Club at the Golden Hawk level*** 30for annual giving to the I-Club at the Champion Hawk level*** 50for annual giving to the I-Club at the Kinnick Society level*** 20one-time award per account in recognition of being a letterwinner at the UI 10one-time award per account in recognition of being a graduate of the UI"

You would pretty much need to be gold level and above and have been donating/buying tickets for many years. Or be a corporation that donates at the Society level and buys 30-40 seats a year.

What is the allotment? 3,000-4,000? If they assume everyone with 400+ points takes 6 that would make 500 to 666 ticket holders. Maybe they should limit the amount to 4 or even 2 tickets per ticket holder.

What is the allotment? 3,000-4,000? If they assume everyone with 400+ points takes 6 that would make 500 to 666 ticket holders. Maybe they should limit the amount to 4 or even 2 tickets per ticket holder.

Money talks. The university will bend over backwards to accommodate the big money donors, and I don't really blame them. It sucks for us "common folk" but that's usually how it goes.

Used to be 4000, but I'm not sure what the rules are for B1G conference games.

400 did seem kind of high. I've read from some people that they have been buying tickets for over 20 years and aren't even close to the 400 point threshold.

Yep, I've talked to couple people who have tickets for 35 years and they are no where close to 400 points. As another poster said, it must mainly be corporate sponsors or other companies who are scooping up these tickets.
The allotment was 3500 tickets for those wondering. This is actually lower than most of the other road games, I think the usual allotment is 5000. For whatever reason the allotment to Neb and Minn was less than the norm.

I'm just hoping we still have a waiting list for season tickets like we have the last couple of years this way Nebby fans can't get their grubby little hands on them. They make it extremely hard to get into their stadium yet they expect to get into all of the visiting stadiums.

Taking care of big donors....I get it. If they pi** all over the "little" donors, it's going to cause the same type of rift.

Allowing big donors to get more tickets for the NU game than they have as season tickets in Kinnick is totally bogus. The highest levels, you could request up to 6 tickets, even if you only have 1 season ticket.

How many of those may be mailed out, then put up on Craigslist or other venues and sold for a handsome profit. Stinks.

How many of those may be mailed out, then put up on Craigslist or other venues and sold for a handsome profit. Stinks.

To heck with Craigslist...wait a little while and those things will go up on the Hawk Exchange forum on this very board.

If the guy who wanted to sell 5 pairs of tickets to last year's home schedule for $1700 gets some, you might be able to score a few for $400 a piece...if you're lucky.

*Edit - My bad...it was 3 pairs of tickets (6 total tickets) for $1700...http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/...-game-lot-tickets-6-tickets-osu-msu-wisc.html

Last edited:
Corporate ticket sales is how they have had sellouts for 200 years or whatever, the corporate folks will not let that streak end. ever.

For everyone ******** how else would you like to see tickets distributed? The problem here is the extreme demand for the tickets not the Universities policies in deciding who gets them.

Rick Klatt was on Balbinot and Brommelcamp on 1600KGYM last week and basically said you pretty much have to be inside the program or an Alpha Donor to get that ticket. It's not like it was a suprise.

For everyone ******** how else would you like to see tickets distributed? The problem here is the extreme demand for the tickets not the Universities policies in deciding who gets them.

Rick Klatt was on Balbinot and Brommelcamp on 1600KGYM last week and basically said you pretty much have to be inside the program or an Alpha Donor to get that ticket. It's not like it was a suprise.

I agree but if they already knew the demand was going to be uber high and there was no chance in hell for normal folks to get them then the university should have just said in the application that due to high demand these tickets are only available to 400 point donors. Would have saved a lot of trouble and heartache for those who really thought they had a chance.

I really want to go to this game, but I will probably have to settle for tailgating in Lincoln and watching at a bar. Maybe I will break down and pay for them, but I would have difficulty spending $150-$200 per ticket when it's going to someone who bought the tickets with no intention of ever using them. Not to mention whoever is selling those tickets obviously already has enough money that scalping tickets does nothing for them.

Latest posts