Nebby News Reporting From The Parking Lot

My sis knows Miles personally. The guy is pretty much respected and known as one of the most legit, real guys in the business amongst his peers. The local downlow is that Moos pretty much had him gone the moment he arrived. Moos has pretty shady past and left his former employer in a bad way financially. Dude is all hat no cattle and he'll take credit for Frost if that works out, but he had no impact on that.

I hate nebby, but I personally liked Miles and how he rolled. That guy will find a gig, and get paid by nebby doing so.... just like...Solich....Callahan....Pelini...Riley did.

Moos is a douche...perfect nebby fit

Likeability has never been a weakness of Miles. The man wears red and white argyle sweaters on the sideline for crying out loud.

What we are seeing is someone who is secure in the job they have done. Nebraska has never won an NCAA tournament game and has and always will be in the shadow of a juggernaut football program, not to mention a great hoops program down the road at Creighton. Miles has done about as well as a coach can do there unless they can sign a Self or Calipari. But honestly I don't know how many coaches (Hoiberg included) are going to want to compete for the adoration and attention of Nebraska fans who live for football 24/7/365...for any amount of money.

My sis knows Miles personally. The guy is pretty much respected and known as one of the most legit, real guys in the business amongst his peers. The local downlow is that Moos pretty much had him gone the moment he arrived. Moos has pretty shady past and left his former employer in a bad way financially. Dude is all hat no cattle and he'll take credit for Frost if that works out, but he had no impact on that.

I hate nebby, but I personally liked Miles and how he rolled. That guy will find a gig, and get paid by nebby doing so.... just like...Solich....Callahan....Pelini...Riley did.

Since Nebraska went with the approach of hiring a legit, respected, real guy with Miles. Maybe next they go the other route and bring in Steve Alford.

When Fred and Fran took over Iowa St and Iowa , everyone was saying we were building the program the right way and Freddie was building with mercenaries , lest we forget ISU got better far quicker than we did , in all fairness they didn't have near as deep of hole to dig out of either , I would not discount what he may accomplish in Lincoln , altho pretty sure we can question his methods

And for the record , I have a lot of respect for Tim Miles and think this is pretty low on nebbies part

Hilarious how everybody here was railing on @EstronHawkKing when he mentioned Hoiberg going to the fuskers.
I actually don't blame them, I thought it was wishful thinking on Neb fans. I will be shocked if he does take the job though, but it's kind of looking that way. But, if this thread is right in the end, I will be taking a victory lap on this, and some certain posters on here will be carrying me on their shoulders!

I actually don't blame them, I thought it was wishful thinking on Neb fans. I will be shocked if he does take the job though, but it's kind of looking that way. But, if this thread is right in the end, I will be taking a victory lap on this, and some certain posters on here will be carrying me on their shoulders!
I'm on record of saying I thought Hoiberg wouldn't be interested in it... Egg on my face for that. I still think it's an odd fit. Low ceiling job for him to use as a stepping stone till he gets back in NBA as a coach or front office guy. It'll be fun beating him a couple times a year till he bails

When Fred and Fran took over Iowa St and Iowa , everyone was saying we were building the program the right way and Freddie was building with mercenaries , lest we forget ISU got better far quicker than we did , in all fairness they didn't have near as deep of hole to dig out of either , I would not discount what he may accomplish in Lincoln , altho pretty sure we can question his methods

And for the record , I have a lot of respect for Tim Miles and think this is pretty low on nebbies part
There's a way to build if your in it for the short term (like Freddy was come to find out) or if you plan on sticking around awhile (like Fran has and continues to do) For what faults Fran has in recruiting he at least is doing it the 'right' way in most folks minds. I'm not a huge fan of shuffling in and out transfers all over. One or two now and then but not overhauling the guts of your roster year after year. That's a tough way to try and maintain a program. You may be able to quickly turn one around doing that but you can't sustain it....

There's a way to build if your in it for the short term (like Freddy was come to find out) or if you plan on sticking around awhile (like Fran has and continues to do) For what faults Fran has in recruiting he at least is doing it the 'right' way in most folks minds. I'm not a huge fan of shuffling in and out transfers all over. One or two now and then but not overhauling the guts of your roster year after year. That's a tough way to try and maintain a program. You may be able to quickly turn one around doing that but you can't sustain it....

^^ Agreed

Both school has one hell of a hole to fill up. Fran brought a shovel to fill the hole in with and Fred brought a backhoe.

Fred didn't do so well in Chicago (for a number of reasons). Is it possible his "magic" won't translate to Lincoln either?

Does anyone else love the fact that Nebby has gone the route of ISU. Sure it's not football, but to take a former coach of a former rival, I find amusing. Can't wait until the juco's and transfers start coming in and then they run him out of town before he actually brings in quality freshman. Also wouldn't mind seeing him using them as a stepping stone to climb the ranks. That university gets exactly what it deserves.

the university of tom osborne has learned to deal with "iffy" recruits. it's how you win championships, right?

Fred didn't do so well in Chicago (for a number of reasons). Is it possible his "magic" won't translate to Lincoln either?

If he goes to Nebraska it will be great for them. Fred knows how to build a winner at the college level. Professional sport is totally different as you have to deal with a bunch of millionaires with egos as big as the ocean.

If he goes to Nebraska it will be great for them. Fred knows how to build a winner at the college level. Professional sport is totally different as you have to deal with a bunch of millionaires with egos as big as the ocean.

Of course the pros and diff from college. But it's no secret Fred doesn't like recruiting. Can he build a squad with misfits from other programs again? I guess if you live in Lincoln...you'd welcome the chance to get out of town and recruit.

Both school has one hell of a hole to fill up. Fran brought a shovel to fill the hole in with and Fred brought a backhoe.
Fred did it with transfers. I’m guessing Fran wouldn’t have even had a conversation with most of those transfers. Team chemistry and player character are important to Fran.

I’m not saying Fred’s approach was right or wrong. Everyone has their own opinion. Lots of teams take one or more transfers every year. And Fred was able to manage most of those guys.

I met Miles once in Indianapolis. One of the Gauntlet tournaments. Really nice guy.

Latest posts