Nebby hasn't beat a top 20 team in ten years?

Well, Iowa beat Penn State, Wisconsin and Georgia Tech, all ranked teams. Iowa went 11-2, won the Orange Bowl. Iowa beat Iowa State.

Nebraska didn't have a single quality win. Nebraska lost to Iowa State.

Nebraska would have finished 5th or 6th or worse in the Big 10 last year.

Hey I think Iowa was a better than Nebraska last year too. I think Iowa right now is about a year ahead of Nebraska with their turn around. I do however contend last years Nebby team was very much like Iowa's 08 team and Nebby, on paper, should improve this year much like Iowa did last season.

Still I wonder how Iowa would have faired last season vs Texas, vs Az (end of the year).

Same games head to head Iowa smoked ISU Neb lost to them. Iowa respectably beat AZ at home, Neb smoked them neutral field with their new hot qb. Ak State, Iowa close, Neb close until 4th qtr started.

Not buying Neb 5th , 6th or worse in B10 last year. That is an unsupported opinion that I do not share.

Comparative scoring is for the birds..... the game is played on the field and different match-ups will effect the way the outcome is between 2 different teams.

Bottom line- Iowa was 11-2. Lost 2 VERY close games with a back-up freshman QB. We had a top 15 strength of schedule on top of that, and beat 3 or 4 teams that won 10 games.... who was Nebraska's best win? A close one against Tex does not count.... if you can count a close loss as a win, then Iowa is in the Rose Bowl and undefeated last year.

Hey I think Iowa was a better than Nebraska last year too. I think Iowa right now is about a year ahead of Nebraska with their turn around. I do however contend last years Nebby team was very much like Iowa's 08 team and Nebby, on paper, should improve this year much like Iowa did last season.

Still I wonder how Iowa would have faired last season vs Texas, vs Az (end of the year).

Same games head to head Iowa smoked ISU Neb lost to them. Iowa respectably beat AZ at home, Neb smoked them neutral field with their new hot qb. Ak State, Iowa close, Neb close until 4th qtr started.

Not buying Neb 5th , 6th or worse in B10 last year. That is an unsupported opinion that I do not share.

Well you obviously have a lot more faith in a program that hasn't had a good win since 2001 than I do.

Just curious where you think Neb would have finished in the Big 10 last year?

Comparative scoring is for the birds..... the game is played on the field and different match-ups will effect the way the outcome is between 2 different teams.

Bottom line- Iowa was 11-2. Lost 2 VERY close games with a back-up freshman QB. We had a top 15 strength of schedule on top of that, and beat 3 or 4 teams that won 10 games.... who was Nebraska's best win? A close one against Tex does not count.... if you can count a close loss as a win, then Iowa is in the Rose Bowl and undefeated last year.

Exactly. That is why I said that I think Iowa was better last year too. Once again, right now I think Iowa is a little better than Neb. About 1 year ahead of them at the molment. It's funny how some are getting up in arms about me comparing Neb with Iowa but not worried about the Wisc and Iowa comparison when Iowa has owned them lately. Again- programs on very simular footing right now. One is going to be a little better from year to year.

Heck throw PSU in that mix too.

Exactly. That is why I said that I think Iowa was better last year too. Once again, right now I think Iowa is a little better than Neb. About 1 year ahead of them at the molment. It's funny how some are getting up in arms about me comparing Neb with Iowa but not worried about the Wisc and Iowa comparison when Iowa has owned them lately. Again- programs on very simular footing right now. One is going to be a little better from year to year.

Heck throw PSU in that mix too.

Who is up in arms? Your opinion is one shared by most college football people which is why you are seeing Neb ranked in the top 10 in many polls. But your wrong. :)

So where do you think Neb would have finished in the Big 10 last year?

According to the final season rankings- they would have finished 4th- just ahead of Wisconsin.

That is if they got to play the B12 North schedule. Doubtful, if they had to play a Big 10 schedule.

I say 5th or 6th, just behind Wisconsin or Northwestern.

I think they were better than Wisconsin last season. Somewhere in that top 5 cluster. I think you will find over the course of the next 5-10 years that Wisc, Neb, PSU and Iowa exchange punches and take turns for that spot beneath tOSU.

Latest posts