NE BIG 10 Champ T-Shirts?

Funny, because I live in the heart of Husker land, and I have never, ever seen one.

Interesting. First, this is not the second toughest conference in the USA, it is about the level of the PAC and the ACC, slightly above the Big East. Second, we were not able to get fat on the Indianas, Illinois, and Purdues of the Big Ten. We got matched with the best that the Big Ten had to offer, and we failed. Third, the Big Ten got the worst team of the Pelini era, possibly the second worst Nebraska teams in the past 45 years. Congrats.

LMAO!!! So when do you think you come out of this "down" period?

I hate to break it to you, but with the limited scholarships in place now Nebraska will never be like they were in the 70's, 80's and 90's. Sure there will be a couple of double digit win seasons mixed in, but for the most part Nebraska will be around 8 or 9 wins a year. It is probably time to stop living in the past and face reality.

You guys sound just like PSU fans and their "dark" years in the early 00's, well guess what, they had a couple of good seasons since but mostly are around the 8 win total as well.

I live in Omaha and I have not only seen them worn but I saw them being sold at Scheels in crown point.

Laugh all you want, but I saw them worn on more than one occasion. Again, this was before the season. Likely they went into the closet after game No. 1 at Wisky.
Intersting, because, again, living in the heart of Huskerland, I never saw one, and a google search turned up nothing. I have to believe that this is another "mistruth" that Hawk fans have manifested.

Interesting. First, this is not the second toughest conference in the USA, it is about the level of the PAC and the ACC, slightly above the Big East. Second, we were not able to get fat on the Indianas, Illinois, and Purdues of the Big Ten. We got matched with the best that the Big Ten had to offer, and we failed. Third, the Big Ten got the worst team of the Pelini era, possibly the second worst Nebraska teams in the past 45 years. Congrats.

That's funny.....thinking that the Big 12 is the 2nd best conference in the nation. What's even funnier is justifying the Huskers' current record by saying that this is the second worst team in the past 45 at Nebraska. This team CAN'T be worse than the '07 (5-7), '04 (5-6) and or '02 (7-7) teams.

Husker fans barked all summer how they were going to win the league, with a ton of talent returning. Proclaiming their defense the best in the country, with an All-American at all three levels.

Suddenly, they're one of their two worst teams in 45 years. Funny how that happened.

Husker fans barked all summer how they were going to win the league, with a ton of talent returning. Proclaiming their defense the best in the country, with an All-American at all three levels.

Suddenly, they're one of their two worst teams in 45 years. Funny how that happened.

Yeah but, they have the blackshirts, how awesome is that?

This is one of the greatest Nebraska teams of the past ten years.

The bad teams were 2002, 2004, 2005, 2007, when NU had worse records in a far worse conference.

Let's not forget, despite the B1G being outplayed by the SEC on Jan 1, the B1G was 2-1 vs the Big 12 in bowls last year and would have been 3-1 had any of us been in Washington's shoes.

You ever look west towards the cultural meccas of Mead, Columbus, Grand Island, York, and Scottsbluff?
Exactly. I laugh when Iowans act as if they are debonair and educated, while anyone West of the Missouri are trailer park, overall wearing rednecks. We’re essentially the same people, similar lifestyles, similar values.

I have seen them too. Surely you realize that people who have seen them can prove it is true, while you not ever seeing them cannot possibly disprove it. Right?
Sure. I will gladly eat crow if they were made and commercially sold. As of now, I have a bunch of anonymous people claiming to have seen them all over Omaha. I’ve never seen one, and I did a google search, nothing came up.

Not only were the fans hoodwinked, I think that quite a bit of the media felt that we were one of the favorites to win the conference. I don’t think that anyone thought that the defense would be as horrible as they have been.

This is one of the greatest Nebraska teams of the past ten years.
The bad teams were 2002, 2004, 2005, 2007, when NU had worse records in a far worse conference.

Let's not forget, despite the B1G being outplayed by the SEC on Jan 1, the B1G was 2-1 vs the Big 12 in bowls last year and would have been 3-1 had any of us been in Washington's shoes.
I don’t recall a ton from 2002 of the top of my head, but I am looking at more than the win/loss record. I’ve been looking at how the team is progressing or regressing, how certain positions play, and the overall condition of the program. There are lots of questions.

LMAO!!! So when do you think you come out of this "down" period?
I hate to break it to you, but with the limited scholarships in place now Nebraska will never be like they were in the 70's, 80's and 90's. Sure there will be a couple of double digit win seasons mixed in, but for the most part Nebraska will be around 8 or 9 wins a year. It is probably time to stop living in the past and face reality.

You guys sound just like PSU fans and their "dark" years in the early 00's, well guess what, they had a couple of good seasons since but mostly are around the 8 win total as well.
Not sure, you could be right, this might be right where the program stays. I hope not, I guess only time will tell.

The funny thing is, this has been our worst 10 year period since the 50’s, and Iowa’s best in their history, yet our records have been strikingly similar during that time.

Only 3 days to go.

Northwestern all ready rubbing it in
NU_11-2011_35-z.jpg

The funny thing is, this has been our worst 10 year period since the 50’s, and Iowa’s best in their history, yet our records have been strikingly similar during that time.

Only 3 days to go.[/QUOTE]

Iowa: 1980/81, through 90/91.

I think it'd be cool to wear one to the game this weekend as a hawkeye fan... suck on that little red, how about four conference losses this year?

Latest posts