ND gets 1/66 of BCS revenue

Because this is the time of year to hate people for stupid reasons.
awesome.

But lets put it in perspective - How much of the BCS revenue has Michigan got in the last two years despite not going to a bowl game? Or Duke who has not seen a bowl game this century? All teams share in the revenue when the conferences split it up. Although if they move to a pay for performance, ie. no BCS game, no money, BCS game, big bucks, they move to a conference pretty soon, but I do not want them in the Big 10, because I want to be able to route on the Big 10 in bowl games, and I cannot do that with ND.

awesome.

But lets put it in perspective - How much of the BCS revenue has Michigan got in the last two years despite not going to a bowl game? Or Duke who has not seen a bowl game this century? All teams share in the revenue when the conferences split it up. Although if they move to a pay for performance, ie. no BCS game, no money, BCS game, big bucks, they move to a conference pretty soon, but I do not want them in the Big 10, because I want to be able to route on the Big 10 in bowl games, and I cannot do that with ND.

Agreed, but not all conferences split the money between all teams like the Big Ten does. I know the Big 12 for sure is top heavy when it comes to their TV contract.

You can't have it both ways...you can't complain about ND getting roughly $17M for a BCS game because they are not in a conference and don't have to share and then turn around and complain because they get a stipend each year regardless. The 1/66th dollar figure was a concession made to them that conversely limited their BCS take home when they did qualify for a bowl game. It's around $1.2M, iirc, which is about the same as the sharing revenue received by teams that don't make the BCS in their respective conference sharing programs. They make like $4.5M-ish when the go to a BCS game now instead of the full $17M-ish.

As far as the B12 comment...no, they don't share the same, but that's just another reason the B12 is epic fail and in danger of collapsing if the B10 decides to go super conference on the world which I fully hope happens.

Last edited:
Why shouldn't ND get 1/66 of the BCS revenue? They contribute at least that much to the BCS even when they don't go to a BCS Bowl. I think people are more than a bit bitter because ND has rebuffed the B10 yet again. Call me old fashioned, but I don't really want to see ND in a conference, not even the B10.

The only reason I would like to see ND in the BigTen is to see them have to schedule OSU, Michigan, Iowa, PSU, NW, Wiscy, MSU, etc...back to back once the conference schedule begins.
And having every conference Win/Loss mean something.

Last edited:

Latest posts