NCAAs

Yeah, I wasn't interested in engaging much the past couple weeks - dealing with HuckFinn and the bunch if I stirred the pot - but I'm pretty comfortable just watching 'em play and sticking to my 7 BIG 14 Ws prediction.

No disappointment, here. Just are what they are this year. Gotta get some beef, get Jo- Bo gone and get a shooter who can do their job, Stefanovic style.

Yeah, I wasn't interested in engaging much the past couple weeks - dealing with HuckFinn and the bunch if I stirred the pot - but I'm pretty comfortable just watching 'em play and sticking to my 7 BIG 14 Ws prediction.

No disappointment, here. Just are what they are this year. Gotta get some beef, get Jo- Bo gone and get a shooter who can do their job, Stefanovic style.
You think Stefanovic misses a wife open 3 to tie it? Bohannon doesn't even shoot anymore. He just throws it at the hoop.

It's a little early to be throwing in the towel, that loss and the one to Rutgers were tough to swallow but it is very difficult to win on the road. In looking at the schedule after this next game at Ohio State they could go on a nice winning streak.

To us, they don't seem like a tourney team - yet Bracketologist didn't even move us a seed line over night. This happens every year, a poster wants to go ahead and finish the season early. What's the hurry?

If Iowa is a bubble team and they have a Wooden finalist on their team, I can tell you which way that's going to go when they decide. Is that fair? No, but that's not how this works

Iowa is still firmly in, but definitely could play themselves out. Their margin for error gets slimmer with every loss.

Joe Lunardi from ESPN has as a 7 seed in his bracketology he released yesterday. He has 7 Big Ten teams in. Iowa is 14-7 and the 8th highest overall record is 11-7. So basically, the Big Ten has more shitty teams than good teams. What am I missing that the ESPN expert sees?

We have 7 of our 10 games (if my quick count is correct) left are against the shitty teams, so there are a lot of wins or bad losses to be had. All I can come up with that might convince me we have a chance. Those wins, along with a typical Fran run in the BTT, could do it.

Yes, I'm kidding about the BTT run.

To us, they don't seem like a tourney team - yet Bracketologist didn't even move us a seed line over night. This happens every year, a poster wants to go ahead and finish the season early. What's the hurry?

If Iowa is a bubble team and they have a Wooden finalist on their team, I can tell you which way that's going to go when they decide. Is that fair? No, but that's not how this works

Iowa is still firmly in, but definitely could play themselves out. Their margin for error gets slimmer with every loss.
Joe Lunardi from ESPN has as a 7 seed in his bracketology he released yesterday. He has 7 Big Ten teams in. Iowa is 14-7 and the 8th highest overall record is 11-7. So basically, the Big Ten has more shitty teams than good teams. What am I missing that the ESPN expert sees?

We have 7 of our 10 games (if my quick count is correct) left are against the shitty teams, so there are a lot of wins or bad losses to be had. All I can come up with that might convince me we have a chance. Those wins, along with a typical Fran run in the BTT, could do it.

Yes, I'm kidding about the BTT run.
Palm has Iowa as being one of the play-in teams.

Vegas has us at 61% chance of making it in.

Team rankings has us as an 11 seed with 65% chance of making it.

Everything's still all over the place in regards to prediction and a lot of places do have us in that 8-11 seed "bubble" area. People forget that a 8 or 9 seed or lower is actually being on the bubble because most of those lower seeds are taken up by the 32 auto bids that go to tiny little D1 conference champs.

The big question is whether this team can get out of their own way with some stupid late game turnovers or bad defense and win the games they should. I see probably 4 of the remaining 10 games where Iowa is the underdog and I think 3 of those are on the road so probably losses. The hawks need to win every game where they are equal to the other team. If they lose any game to Nebby then it is bad Fran again and I say that sincerely. Play strong with an assertive aggressive nature and take it to the other team.

If they can go 6-4 to end the season and finish 20-11 I think they can get in.

They are 9th in the standings right now (I think someone said they are 7th) but really it is 9th as there are 8 teams with better records ahead of them. So they have to win the close games here on out. If they get a big win against OSU or ILL then that is super.

What I thought would happen before the season started…

@ VA - Loss
@ MN 50-50
@ RUT 50-50
@ PSU 50-50

The rest have gone as I expected. So there’s an unexpected win and 1-2 in the 50-50 games. The other results are as expected.

I think we go 4-1 at home (MSU loss). I think @ MD & MI are 50-50 and NE is a win. So I’m thinking 10-10…likely good enough for a 9 or 10 seed.

With the OSU game being postponed tonight and the fact that it's going to be really tough to reschedule without moving other games, etc., we may have one less loss at the end of the season. Things are starting to fall in place...

Well the way I look at it from what we've seen so far is there's a better chance we lose some more games we shouldn't instead of winning some of the games we shouldn't. I don't see us getting hot at the right time if only because how could that possibly happen?

Lineup isn't probably changing. Unless the mins get distributed differently with Kris playing more and JBo playing less, more of the same is what we'll be getting. They are dependent upon Keegan having great games to even keep us in games against not so good teams. And he hasn't been playing so great the last 4 or 5 games to his standard anyway. If someone is asking me today if this team is in tourny I'd say no way. But if they do it'll sure be fun to see how they prove me wrong

NIT is probably the most realistic at this point. Too many likely losses the rest of the way. I suppose the Hawks could make a BTT run, but considering Fran has NEVER won more than one game in the BTT, that seems highly unlikely.

Palm has Iowa as being one of the play-in teams.

Vegas has us at 61% chance of making it in.

Team rankings has us as an 11 seed with 65% chance of making it.

Everything's still all over the place in regards to prediction and a lot of places do have us in that 8-11 seed "bubble" area. People forget that a 8 or 9 seed or lower is actually being on the bubble because most of those lower seeds are taken up by the 32 auto bids that go to tiny little D1 conference champs.

This feels about right to me.

Iowa doesn't have a lot for good wins, but not a lot of bad losses, either. 2 Q1 wins, 2 Q2 losses. If that status quo doesn't change, this feels a lot like a bubble team.

NIT is probably the most realistic at this point. Too many likely losses the rest of the way. I suppose the Hawks could make a BTT run, but considering Fran has NEVER won more than one game in the BTT, that seems highly unlikely.

This makes so sense, literally every expert has Iowa in the NCAA tournament at this point.

This feels about right to me.

Iowa doesn't have a lot for good wins, but not a lot of bad losses, either. 2 Q1 wins, 2 Q2 losses. If that status quo doesn't change, this feels a lot like a bubble team.
Clowns losing by 20+ today and are 3-7 in conference. That 73-53 game is not really a quality loss anymore.

If they don't play well, 12 losses including the BTT is possible. 13 is possible and that is out for sure. 4 most likely that gives us 11. The BTT L, at Michigan, at OSU, and at Illinois. A split MSU and Michigan at home gives us 12.

If they don't surprise someone and play solid in general it is huge bubble time esp. if Indiana and Michigan play well.​

Yeah, yeah, I know. This is a rebuilding year and we are what we should be and this team can't be a disappointment blah blah blah.

Last edited:

Latest posts