NCAA Wrestling Tourney to Des Moines!!

I wonder if Oklahoma St is going to participate, Smith has said as long as the national duals are in Iowa they won't come.

2013 will be fun for the rest of the wrestling world to see how much we love our wrestling!!! I can't wait I will be at the Mariot, I don't care how much it costs either this is something I WILL NOT MISS!!!!

Honest question....why does it seem Omaha gets all the major concerts, sporting events, and DSM seems to (until now) left out in the cold? Doesn't the WFA promote itself well?

Last edited:
Wonder if Smith brought his Okie St team to Iowa City in 01?

It was a joke, yes he brought that team and he will bring a team in 2013. The goal isn't to win the National Duals every year but to win Nationals. I don't know where the quote is but I know that is why he has never brought his team to the UNI-Dome for the National Duals the last few years as he isn't happy it is held in Iowa.

It was a joke, yes he brought that team and he will bring a team in 2013. The goal isn't to win the National Duals every year but to win Nationals. I don't know where the quote is but I know that is why he has never brought his team to the UNI-Dome for the National Duals the last few years as he isn't happy it is held in Iowa.

Is that why they were there in 2006 and 2007? Just curious. John Smith has never commented on why he hasn't brought a team to the duals since 2007.

Latest posts