NCAA Tournament

LSU would have to play UCLA to make the Elite Eight

To hopefully face the Hawkeyes

UCLA was ranked Number one earlier in the season, I believe

The Pac 12 conference might be the best in Women's College Basketball

Stanford, UCLA and USC who beat Stanford in the conference tournament final game

Gonna be an exciting and tough tournament for The Hawks

In my opinion LSU won’t make it far enough to play us. They looked bad in the first round. KSU might be a problem. As I’m watching today there seems to be some good teams in the tournament. Win and advance.

In my opinion LSU won’t make it far enough to play us. They looked bad in the first round. KSU might be a problem. As I’m watching today there seems to be some good teams in the tournament. Win and advance.
You may be right on LSU. Mulkey in the news now and not in a good way

I find it hard to compare conferences until the tourney when they have to play each other. We will see how good the Pac and the twelve are soon.

So how far do you think Iowa will go in this Tournament? They can be red hot at times but so often they sputter (but still win). Not sure that this is a final four team

So how far do you think Iowa will go in this Tournament? They can be red hot at times but so often they sputter (but still win). Not sure that this is a final four team

Me neither. But I didn't think they were last year. I think this team is more dynamic. And arguably better. But they can also get rattled and thrown off their game easier than last year. Which I think limits them. The key to winning this thing is ultimately some serious luck. When you're good, you can have an off day against 75% of the teams in your conference and still win. In the tourney, you have to have the luck not to have an off day because you will lose to 75% of those teams. Or more. As evidenced by the upsets.

I mean, i think we can agree that if we went back one year ago, and Iowa had to play SC in a best of 5, there's every bit of a chance that it would have been SC and LSU in the final with SC pummeling LSU for the 3rd straight time that season.

I do not see them making the final four.

But if they won the whole thing, I wouldn't be surprised.

Watched a lot of the second half of ND versus Oregon State and I wasn’t overly impressed with either of them. I don’t think there’s more than a couple of teams that should beat us. South Carolina, USC and UCONN. Everyone else should be just as scared of us as we are of them. Always remember we have Caitlin. I’m not saying we will beat Colorado but I think we should beat Colorado.

I certainly believe we are a Final Four team

Same as last season when we played for the National Championship

Anything can happen in the NCAA tournament

One missed shot in a tied/close game

ONE BAD CALL can be the difference between winning or losing a game

We have replaced Cinzano and Warnock quite well with Sydney and Hannah

And Molly Davis should be a factor, but Syd has earned starting status

Caitlin, Molly and Kate have another year of experience and they have an almost
supernatural aspect to their play

They instinctively know where they are on the court and can depend on that aspect

The Hawk D is vastly underappreciated, and Lisa and her coaches have done an outstanding
job

:cool:

I certainly believe we are a Final Four team

Same as last season when we played for the National Championship

Anything can happen in the NCAA tournament

One missed shot in a tied/close game

ONE BAD CALL can be the difference between winning or losing a game

We have replaced Cinzano and Warnock quite well with Sydney and Hannah

And Molly Davis should be a factor, but Syd has earned starting status

Caitlin, Molly and Kate have another year of experience and they have an almost
supernatural aspect to their play

They instinctively know where they are on the court and can depend on that aspect

The Hawk D is vastly underappreciated, and Lisa and her coaches have done an outstanding
job

:cool:
As to your last point the Hawkeyes defense against WV was a large part of what won them the game. If they continue to play defense like that they will be very hard to beat. Cheering for Indiana to beat South Carolina.

As to your last point the Hawkeyes defense against WV was a large part of what won them the game. If they continue to play defense like that they will be very hard to beat. Cheering for Indiana to beat South Carolina.

They really embraced analytically based D last year (I think Bluder noted this came a lot from talking with Vanderveer), and it has made a huge difference. Bluder talks about opponent 3FG% after almost every game...they run opponents off the line while packing the paint, forcing a lot of midrange. Most teams can't be successful offensively with that shot profile.

There is a GOOD Women's game on ESPN right now

Indiana vs South Carolina

Hoosiers survived a slow start and are making a game of it

Too much Height for the Carolina women

They play lockdown D and are very efficient on offense, not only recovering mistakes
but scoring following the miscues

The Gamecocks are pulling away now

Game probably over, going to be a 20 point deficit soon

Indiana coming back against SC

Cut a 20 point deficit to 10 at the end of the third quarter

McKenzie Holmes missed two FT at the end of the quarter

Fun Game

Latest posts