NCAA Title Game Ticket Price

longtimer

according to reports have plummeted to record lows after Duke lost. Went from like $130 to $30. Of course Duke with coaches last game would have been a great match-up but a bit surprised the interest dropped that much Just thought it was interesting

according to reports have plummeted to record lows after Duke lost. Went from like $130 to $30. Of course Duke with coaches last game would have been a great match-up but a bit surprised the interest dropped that much Just thought it was interesting
Those are both teams that people generally think of as being 1) unscrupulous and 2) a rehash of years prior. I’m not surprised.

The game will also be shown nationwide for the normal price of your cable/streaming bill on 80” 1080 screens with a pisser 10’ away, a counter full of “free” food, and fridges full of cheap beer.

With modern camera work, TVs, and sound systems unless there’s something super special about a game you’re going to see demand slowly decline for stuff like that.

Coach K winning the title as his swan song would have been worth the price to say "I was there...." I hate Duke, but I can see how that story would drive the affluent Duke fan base to get on a plane.

Kansas is a very small and poor state and there are a lot of people who live in Kansas that hate Kansas. I am guessing the Carolina fans will represent well, but not enough Kansas fans will make the trek to drive up prices.

Coach K winning the title as his swan song would have been worth the price to say "I was there...."
Nah. That’s horseshit about Mike Kryszewcszrcszkizewskcszki.
He had a damn good start to his career, don’t get me wrong, but Lickliter would’ve won nattys with the kind of recruiting advantage that Duke has had for 30 years.

He had a damn good start to his career, don’t get me wrong, but Lickliter would’ve won nattys with the kind of recruiting advantage that Duke has had for 30 years.
Dunno about that- perhaps if the final scores were in the mid 50's...........

The recruiting advantages at Duke were because of K though, so I'm not sure you can separate the two.

The recruiting advantages at Duke were because of K though, so I'm not sure you can separate the two.
He was average at best at Army, then below average at Duke until '86, and after that one single season he basically had the pick of pretty much anyone he wanted for the next 35 years. That's an unparalleled advantage in the history of sports. Chalking that up to coaching skill is speculative at best.

I'm not saying he wasn't a good coach, but if you have the picks of the litter every year you're going to win titles.

He was average at best at Army, then below average at Duke until '86, and after that one single season he basically had the pick of pretty much anyone he wanted for the next 35 years. That's an unparalleled advantage in the history of sports. Chalking that up to coaching skill is speculative at best.

I'm not saying he wasn't a good coach, but if you have the picks of the litter every year you're going to win titles.
are you getting paid based on number of clicks? This is trolling at its finest.

Well done.

Those are both teams that people generally think of as being 1) unscrupulous and 2) a rehash of years prior. I’m not surprised.

The game will also be shown nationwide for the normal price of your cable/streaming bill on 80” 1080 screens with a pisser 10’ away, a counter full of “free” food, and fridges full of cheap beer.

With modern camera work, TVs, and sound systems unless there’s something super special about a game you’re going to see demand slowly decline for stuff like that.

I actually have no desire to attend these sporting events anymore for the reasons you just stated above. I actually enjoy viewing on TV with the closer shots and the commentary.

I actually have no desire to attend these sporting events anymore for the reasons you just stated above. I actually enjoy viewing on TV with the closer shots and the commentary.
I love going to Hawk football games because of the tailgating and atmosphere, but that's the only thing I care to see other than Hawk wrestling.

My 75" 4K surround sound usurped season tickets for both FB and BB a long time ago.

Going to an over-priced non-Hawk event...no thanks....although the B1G BB Tourney was good the one time I went....as was the 2015 B1G FB champ game.

Last edited:
My 75" 4K surround sound usurped season tickets for both FB and BB a long time ago.

Going to an over-priced non-Hawk event...no thanks....although the B1G BB Tourney was good the one time I went....as was the 2015 B1G FB champ game.
This is exactly the thing. That sucker can be funded with giving up season tickets. Plus, you get it all year.

But as Fry pointed out, football may be the one sport I would be interested because it is a multi-hour event with multiple layers and a unique atmosphere.

Latest posts