NCAA Tickets

mtown13

Hi guys,

If you go over to CF there are many threads about gouging Iowa (and Kansas) fans with their tournament tickets. Just wondering what you think about that and if you'll try and get your tickets elsewhere so ISU don't make a profit off of Hawkeye success.

I already got mine.

I don't care if ISU fans sell their tickets, that will just mean more Black and Gold in the Well.

Hi guys,

If you go over to CF there are many threads about gouging Iowa (and Kansas) fans with their tournament tickets. Just wondering what you think about that and if you'll try and get your tickets elsewhere so ISU don't make a profit off of Hawkeye success.

Where else can you get tickets other than Stub Hub, the NCAA Ticket Exchange, etc.?

Let the market work. Supply and demand will set the appropriate price just like it did for the Rose Bowl.

Or we could just feel the Bern and all tix are free for everyone!:p

I was offered 2 for $1050 yesterday...by an ISU season ticket holder. I'm not pulling the trigger on anything at this point.

Let the ISU fan sweat it out. They will hold on til they get scared and won't want to watch Iowa esp if ISU is playing the same day.

From what I've read, the best thing to do is to wait until the pairings are announced and see what seed Iowa is. Lets say they end up a 1 seed and play a 16 seed. You can then call the 16 seed's ticket office, lets pretend Bucknell, and purchase from their allotment of tickets. Obviously the fans of a 15-16 seed aren't going to travel very far to watch their team (presumably) get crushed by a 1-2 seed.

Also, if Kansas expects to get placed in Des Moines and they don't, then their tickets will flood the market. So you can hope for that as well.

I guess my best advice is...patience

From what I've read, the best thing to do is to wait until the pairings are announced and see what seed Iowa is. Lets say they end up a 1 seed and play a 16 seed. You can then call the 16 seed's ticket office, lets pretend Bucknell, and purchase from their allotment of tickets. Obviously the fans of a 15-16 seed aren't going to travel very far to watch their team (presumably) get crushed by a 1-2 seed.

Also, if Kansas expects to get placed in Des Moines and they don't, then their tickets will flood the market. So you can hope for that as well.

I had ISU friends do this when they played in Minniapolis...worked out well for them. I have a couple other angles as well. I'm already off work to watch all of the games...like every other year. So I can wait until game day if necessary.

It is pretty much guaranteed that Des Moines will be a high demand venue since it is likely to have multiple top-ranked nearby teams with fan bases that travel well to tournaments.

There are lots of strategies for getting tickets at the last minute, but they all seem risky. I certainly wouldn't count on being able to buy tickets at the stadium for face value. This is not the Rose Bowl.

I learned the hard way from the Rose Bowl to buy tickets at the last minute. Don't buy early.

People also learned the hard way from the Big 10 Championship game not to wait till the last minute. It works both ways and no one scenario is the same.

Unless both teams go into the tank, I think its pretty much guaranteed both Iowa & Kansas are playing in Des Moines.

Thats a possiblility, but I could see the Iowa ticket office going in and scooping up any extras from the lower seed schools that have extras.

Thats a possiblility, but I could see the Iowa ticket office going in and scooping up any extras from the lower seed schools that have extras.

The wouldn't even have the opportunity to do this until the lower seeded school had extras. Buying tickets from said school happens before they are returned as unsold...for Iowa or anyone else to buy. I highly doubt Iowa's ticket office is allowed to go buy another school's allotment...most likely a rule against this or it would be happening all the time.

How many does each school even get? The place only holds 15K roughly, and you have 8 schools coming in to play, and each team gets an equal number of tickets. I would bet each team gets between 500-1000 tickets, and that would be 4K-8K (25%-50%) of the venue. I can't imagine that Iowa would get more than this, as the host city wants everything sold out.

I'm sure you will be able to purchase through teams that can't sell their allotment, but I think tickets will be scarce. You should be able to scalp some easily enough for Saturday, as losing teams fans will be selling. It might be tougher to get the Thursday ticket.

Just all guesses, but the tickets sold out fast when they were first released, there is plenty of demand for the NCAA tournament in Des Moines, and that is without Iowa playing here. If Iowa is in Des moines demand will be through the roof.

I don't know why any Iowa fan would shell out above face to watch games in Des Moines. Save your money for the Midwest Regional in Chicago. I have tickets for that and I will pay whatever it costs to go to the Final Four when we get there.

I don't know why any Iowa fan would shell out above face to watch games in Des Moines. Save your money for the Midwest Regional in Chicago. I have tickets for that and I will pay whatever it costs to go to the Final Four when we get there.

Meh, Chicago is a broke sh!thole. Des Moines is French for "The Moines" so it is way nicer.