NCAA Seeding

helgesontim

Does anybody know how the seeding works for the NCAA's? We are in a debate as to who will get the #1 seed at 125 if McD wins Big 10's. Everyone thinks Robles will be seeded 1 because he will be undefeated going into the tourny.

I would have to think that if McDonough wins the big ten championships, and being the defending 125# champion, he should be the no.1 seed. While i'm at it, heres my picks for top seeds.
125# Mcdonough
133# Oliver
141# Russell
149# Dake
157# Taylor
165# Burroughs
174# Reader
184# LeBlanc
197# Simaz
Hwt. Rey
This is how I'm looking at it for now.

I hope McD gets the #1 seed, that means Robles and Precin would be #2 and #3 and on the other side almost assuring McD of getting to the finals and scoring more team points. If he is the #2 or #3 and on the same side as Precin or Robles it will be tougher even though he will probably have to beat one to win the title but a higher percentage he could lose in the semi's facing one of these two then someone else and losing out on some team points.

Lets say Mcdonough loses to Precin at the Big Ten Tournament. The seeding committee will have to decide whether they want to put Precin 1st or Robles 1st or put Precin 2nd and Mcdonough 3rd which would mean probably, that Mcdonough and Precin would be wrestling for the fourth time against each other. I wouldn't want to see that. So hopefully, they put Precin 1st. Of course, this won't happen because Mcdonough doesn't plan on losing to Precin.:rolleyes::confused:

Latest posts