NCAA HOPES?

Wow, ILHawk recruited some friends to share his views. Or are those alts? :)

I still say 9-9 and 1 win in the BTT gets Iowa on the bubble. That puts Iowa 21-12 overall, finishing .500 in the toughest conference, and having won 7 of their last 10 games.

I'm running for office. You should join my fan page... and tweets.

I have multiple personalities, but Iowa does have some realist native sons.... Not all are addicted to hopium. Lick helped me to wean off. Kirk is working on it.

It's cute that you're still trying to be like Ghost even though he's gone. I'll give your post a sympathy like and you can pretend it's from Ghost.

Where is he anyway? Was their a whistle called?

I still think that if Iowa can get to 10-8 in the conference and not lose their 1st round BTT game, they are in. Or if they get to 9-9 and win TWO games in the BTT, they are in as well. I could be wrong. Low seed? Absolutely. But I think an invite, even if it's a play in game. And I'll say this - Iowa could make an extremely dangerous 13 seed.

Yeah, Iowa's RPI and Non-Con SOS is not very good, but they are rated in the 30's in some other polls (I forget the names of said polls - BPI & Sagarin?) and the RPI is not the only and only thing the committee looks at, right? The last 10 games has to mean SOMETHING in terms of how the team is playing NOW (not November or December), and at some point, when trying to decide who to invite out of the remaining bubble teams, the committee may use the eyeball test. Iowa has some extremely close losses to good teams, rather than getting blown out by everyone (except Michigan). This team is an eyelash from currently beeing 18-7 or 19-6..

Iowa may or may not get in - it would probably be close. But get to 9-9 or 10-8 and I'm sure they will at least be discussed by the committee, invite or no.

But lose tomorrow, and Iowa will really be in a tough spot. Hello NIT, most likely.

Last edited:
I'm running for office. You should join my fan page... and tweets.

I have multiple personalities, but Iowa does have some realist native sons.... Not all are addicted to hopium. Lick helped me to wean off. Kirk is working on it.

Care to wager? Iowa will be considered a bubble team at 9-9 in conference and 1 win in the BTT.

Care to wager? Iowa will be considered a bubble team at 9-9 in conference and 1 win in the BTT.

I have to side with you on this one. Iowa may not get in at 9-9 and 1 BTT win, but their resume will at least be discussed, I'd have to think. It will also depend, probably to a large extent, what happens with other bubble teams and other conference tournaments.

Do conference tournaments hold to form, or do other 1-bid leagues have an upset and some other team steals a bid? What bubble teams lose in the first round of their conference tourney, or win 2-3 games and play their way in? Happens every year. It's just a matter of what extent this happens. (Iowa could go on a run, too)

images

With ILHawks superior knowledge of all things basketball, I'm sure he will find a technicality to weasel out of honoring this bet.