NCAA going crazy in the south

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
Marvin Austin may be on the verge of being suspended. He was Deace's #13 pick for next April's draft...that's a yo. And maybe not the last...that defense was going to be stacked. Florida has caught the eye of the NCAA, as well South Carolina. Agent dealings.

I get the feeling, they could bust any number of schools in the 'south' for these violations, its the way they do business.

It's unfortunate that the schools can't police everything. I'm not saying that the schools are not guilty of a lot of infractions, but what some of these players do on their own time is pretty tough to police.

I heard that when the Reggie Bush stuff went down that California has laws to help prevent some of this from happening. Essentially, it was illegal for an agent to make agreements with college athletes. If that is indeed the case, why wouldn't state legislatures make laws to punish the agents from doing this. In cases like this, it is really only the schools that lose. Since, for the most part, these schools are public institutions wouldn't it be in the best interest for the state to protect its property?

its hard to police anyone when your main policy is to slap on the wrist or verbally give a "no no" like you're talking to a 2 year old. Until the NCAA gets the juevos to step up in every case, not just ones that break on ESPN first, no one will respect them as more than a board of people who arrange games for schools. A glorified board of athletic directors.

I wonder how much of this is the NCAA finally cracking down because it's the right thing to do, or if it's more a product of USC saying, "ok, you got us, but look at them, them and them. What are you gonna do about it?"

Not that it matters, but I picture Lane Kiffin to the be the type of guy that has dirt on everyone for just such an occasion.

I wonder how much of this is the NCAA finally cracking down because it's the right thing to do, or if it's more a product of USC saying, "ok, you got us, but look at them, them and them. What are you gonna do about it?"

Not that it matters, but I picture Lane Kiffin to the be the type of guy that has dirt on everyone for just such an occasion.

I have been thinking the same thing.

I would buy that, about that scumbag in a minute. Pure slime that guy is. Now that the NCAA's eye is towards USC, if they don't get at least an investigation, I would be shocked.

The SEC is starting to get a little attention and deservedly so but it makes me wonder how much of this type of stuff is happening around the entire country. The Big 10 does a good job of doing things the right way and a recent poll of basketball coaches have said as much, but it's hard for me to believe that things are totally clean.

I think we could start to see a huge slump in the SEC, similar to the lack of homeruns hit in the MLB these last few years after everyone had to get rid of roids.

When you conferences set up for purely athletic reasons then you are going to have problems. Of major conferences other than the Big Ten (AAU membership) who has an academic component for membership? No one. Is the Big Ten perfect? No, but problems seem the exception rather than the norm.

Latest posts