NCAA BOund and f'ing ecstatic!!!!!!!!!

Bro, this was an eleven win team last year and the recruiting class brings in one top 150 player. Hubbard is the wild card, but he is a Juco which has shown to be hit or miss in college basketball. I am very excited about what Fran has going but I am not going to just go blind and act like Fran is a miracle worker.

Also, if the schedule is as weak as it looks like the W's are basically empty. This is why Nebraska was never really on the bubble at the end of the year because they played no one in the non conference. A good record can make everyone feel all warm and fuzzy but the quality W's are what get teams in the tournament.

This. You can't simultaneously say that the Big Ten is down and that we will somehow be a bubble team by winning 18-19 games. Look around the country this year-- there were a lot of 20-22 win teams in major conferences that didn't even get a sniff of the tourney because their conferences were actually pretty weak after the top 3-4 teams and because they didn't play anyone nonconference.

Bro, this was an eleven win team last year and the recruiting class brings in one top 150 player. Hubbard is the wild card, but he is a Juco which has shown to be hit or miss in college basketball. I am very excited about what Fran has going but I am not going to just go blind and act like Fran is a miracle worker.

Also, if the schedule is as weak as it looks like the W's are basically empty. This is why Nebraska was never really on the bubble at the end of the year because they played no one in the non conference. A good record can make everyone feel all warm and fuzzy but the quality W's are what get teams in the tournament.

You just improved my point IA. That means we get a decent amount of wins and at least qualify for the CBI. Hence, the 70% prediction is too pessimistic.

You just improved my point IA. That means we get a decent amount of wins and at least qualify for the CBI. Hence, the 70% prediction is too pessimistic.

Is Iowa even allowed to enter the CBI? Most BCS conferences do not want their schools entering anything below the NIT. The Pac 10 is the only conference that seems to allow entry to the CBI or CIT based off of past participation.

Is Iowa even allowed to enter the CBI? Most BCS conferences do not want their schools entering anything below the NIT. The Pac 10 is the only conference that seems to allow entry to the CBI or CIT based off of past participation.

I don't think that is a conference decision. I think Iowa couldn't this past year because of the renovations.

I don't think that is a conference decision. I think Iowa couldn't this past year because of the renovations.

Like I said, I am pretty sure all of the BCS conferences (minus Pac 10) "strongly suggest" that their teams not participate in the lower tournaments.

Like I said, I am pretty sure all of the BCS conferences (minus Pac 10) "strongly suggest" that their teams not participate in the lower tournaments.

If that's the case I might bump up the % chance on not going to a tournament to about 55-60%.

I think Hubbard will end up being the main backup PG in addition to a full time starter at SG, that's why I think he'll lead in mpg.

Hubbard better not be the full time starter at the 2, or Iowa is in trouble. He is way more a scorer than a shooter. Hubbard is way more likely to be successful on the front line. If Bryce was more of a Mike Conley guy who could consistently hit the 12-15 foot pull up, Hubbard could play the Tony Allen role, but when your point has to score at the rim, you don't want a two that has to do the same thing.

Hubbard better not be the full time starter at the 2, or Iowa is in trouble. He is way more a scorer than a shooter. Hubbard is way more likely to be successful on the front line. If Bryce was more of a Mike Conley guy who could consistently hit the 12-15 foot pull up, Hubbard could play the Tony Allen role, but when your point has to score at the rim, you don't want a two that has to do the same thing.

I think he'll be playing everything but center this year.

As long as guys score the ball, I don't care what # on the floor they play. If McCaffrey gets his wish, the team will run more, which negates the 1-5 debate. The guys that run the floor will score in transition and shooters will mop up in the secondary break situations when the opponent is sagging in the paint.

Latest posts