NC game has already been determined

HawkeyeNTexas

Whether we like it or not, if the Hawks win out, they are going to the Rose Bowl. The winner of the Florida/Alabama game will face Texas in the NC game, unless one of them loses before then. Not going to happen though. If one of them does lose, all hell could break lose.

We should really be cheering for PSU to beat OSU. That way, even if the Hawks lose to OSU, they still go to the Rose Bowl. Even if OSU beats PSU and Iowa beats OSU, the chances of us jumping any of the 3 teams above is basically zero.

Now their may be a scenario where Iowa does make the NC game, but Florida, Alabama, and Texas must all lose before their conference title games. Can that happen? I don't think so, but stranger things have happened. Hawks just need to take care of business and let the rest play out.

Whether we like it or not, if the Hawks win out, they are going to the Rose Bowl. The winner of the Florida/Alabama game will face Texas in the NC game, unless one of them loses before then. Not going to happen though. If one of them does lose, all hell could break lose.

We should really be cheering for PSU to beat OSU. That way, even if the Hawks lose to OSU, they still go to the Rose Bowl. Even if OSU beats PSU and Iowa beats OSU, the chances of us jumping any of the 3 teams above is basically zero.

Now their may be a scenario where Iowa does make the NC game, but Florida, Alabama, and Texas must all lose before their conference title games. Can that happen? I don't think so, but stranger things have happened. Hawks just need to take care of business and let the rest play out.

Saved the best for last.

We as Hawk fans of all people should know nothing is ever determined until its over. Didnt we just learn this the last two weeks??
From what I can see, Florida, Alabama and Texas still have games to play, as does Iowa. Nothing is over until its over.

If the hawks are going to end up getting scr*wed anyway, I'd love nothing more then for mass BCS chaos! I'm talking multiple undefeated teams and lots of angry fan bases. The system is flawed if and when there are more then two undefeated teams at the end of the season. Altho, I'm okay with winning the rose bowl and having a claim at split-NC.

Root for LSU to beat Alabama this weekend, and then root for Alabama to beat Florida in the SEC title game. Outside of that, if Iowa wins them all, I think they are gonna get shut out.

The only thing pre-determined about the national championship game is that a Big Ten team will not be in it. The national powers that be will do whatever they can (within reason, I suppose) to prevent it.

Otherwise, I don't think they care which combination of SEC, Big 12 or even PAC 10 teams are in it.

I think we can thank Ohio State for this unfortuneate bias against the Big Ten in the NC game. Another reason, #279 on the list, to want to roll Ohio State.

Root for LSU to beat Alabama this weekend, and then root for Alabama to beat Florida in the SEC title game. Outside of that, if Iowa wins them all, I think they are gonna get shut out.

If LSU beats Alabama and wins out, won't LSU go to the SEC title game with a rematch to Florida?

If LSU beats Alabama and wins out, won't LSU go to the SEC title game with a rematch to Florida?

Yes...that is probably right, if LSU would win out. LSU still has to go to Ole Miss and hosts Arkansas, so they would not be a shoe in there....

This makes my head hurt, which is why, other than enjoying the online discussions, I am just focusing on Iowa winning Saturday :)

We're now in November. That's when the BCS kinda goes into a tailspin. Last year Penn State was primed for a run, and we knocked them out. If I believed in fate, I'd say we're the "BCS buster" this year. Everyone thinks we'll lose one and/or the top three will win out. But now that it's November, we could very well be the only top 5 team that survives.

People outside of Iowa would really hate that. *smug smile*

Here's a new angle to look at,

#1. Root for BAD WEATHER CONDITIONS, for it is a great equalizer and could benifit any of the lesser teams Florida, Texas, or Alabama still have remaining to play.

#2. Root for the Spirits of the Football Universe to use their powers and help all the underdogs that the above mentioned teams have left to play.

#3. Last but not least JUST WIN, 12 - 0, GO HAWKS!!!

I'm prepared to get screwed over. The media just hates Iowa and that is that.

That's just rediculous. First of all, any hate Iowa gets from the media is alrgely self-inflicted, and second of all, going to the Rose Bowl is not being screwed over.

Latest posts