NC beats VA Tech in Blacksburg

vaHawkeye

This is another reminder of the parity in today's college football, and why you can't even take home games for granted against league opponents. Tech was ranked 13th (admittedly overrated), but lost to a 4-3 North Carolina team.

I do not mean to suggest that this is somehow indicative of Iowa's game on Saturday, just a reminder to manage expectations win or lose. Of course, I've been nervous before nearly all of Iowa's games this year, so why should this week be any different? :eek:

And yet, the national media will hype this up as how deep the ACC is and what a great job Butch Davis has done turning around UNC program. This coming just a few weeks after saying the ACC is really bad. Remind you 4 ACC teams lost to FCS programs this year.

Yet Iowa WON against a better 4-3 team ON THE ROAD and it is nothing but a ugly and unimpressive win...!!

Not really an upset in my mind. UNC was a preseason top 20 team. Many picked them to win their div. of the ACC. I expect Iowa to Beat indiana. I also know KF and the Team expects to beat Indiana.

Actually Ryno the media has been fairly critical of the ACC this year as well....the only one's still getting a pass are the SEC and Big12...and to some degree the Pac10.

Can someone please tell me why the BigTexas Conference is getting so much love? I know Oklahoma "has talent" but it's only produced a 5-3 record, so technically, no credit for that...Illinois "has talent" and they're a crap team...But the BigTexas is a powerhouse!?!?

Latest posts