NBA starts tonight

ibahawkeye

I know NBA isn't a hot topic for most in Iowa but if you are interested.... Who's your team and what's your outlook for that team this year?

I'll start as I'm a Bulls fan. It's an interesting position as a Hawkeye fan with Hoiberg. I doubted Fred when he came to the college game with no coaching experience and he had no issues. I also have concerns with him at the NBA level and it's a difficult position when you are replacing a guy that took the team to the playoffs year after year.

Can D Rose actually stay healthy?
I'm also interested to see if Doug McDermott can contribute more this year?

I would expect the Bulls to be a home playoff team in the first round.

I've been a Spurs/Tim Duncan fan since Jordan retired. I have an appreciation for the way he plays the game and also conducts himself off the court. As far as outlook for the season, I'm looking forward to seeing how Aldridge and West fit in. If things go well, I can see the Spurs finishing anywhere from 1-3 or 4 in a loaded West. Really hoping for one more title run.

I know NBA isn't a hot topic for most in Iowa but if you are interested.... Who's your team and what's your outlook for that team this year?

I'll start as I'm a Bulls fan. It's an interesting position as a Hawkeye fan with Hoiberg. I doubted Fred when he came to the college game with no coaching experience and he had no issues. I also have concerns with him at the NBA level and it's a difficult position when you are replacing a guy that took the team to the playoffs year after year.

I have no doubt the Bulls will be much more entertaining to watch and better on offense, they were brutal on that end last year. We'll see just how far their defense falls off without Thibs. Noah is old with a lot of hard Thibs miles on him, Gasol isn't a good defender, I don't know if you can play Mirotic and McDermott together. Kirk Hinrich is 55.

I'm really interested in OKC this year. Tough spot for Billy Donovan, no times to learn the NBA ropes, anything less than a title is a failure and need to bond with Durant to keep him from leaving after this year.

Will D. Rose even be a Bull by the end of the year? Rumor mill has it that it is going to be difficult for Rose and Butler to co-exist.

I just want everyone to be healthy come playoff time......All the injuries took some of the sizzle out of last year's playoffs.

Will D. Rose even be a Bull by the end of the year? Rumor mill has it that it is going to be difficult for Rose and Butler to co-exist.

I just want everyone to be healthy come playoff time......All the injuries took some of the sizzle out of last year's playoffs.

Yesterday on the Herd, the hot blonde on his show that does the news was quoting some article in which Rose was giving a lot of high praise for
Butler, almost going over the top in doing so and saying so many nice things. Now whether or not Rose actually meant what he said... who knows.

I guess we have to trust the Mayor... that's part of his job in leading the team, right? To ensure it's a cohesive unit.

Yesterday on the Herd, the hot blonde on his show that does the news was quoting some article in which Rose was giving a lot of high praise for
Butler, almost going over the top in doing so and saying so many nice things. Now whether or not Rose actually meant what he said... who knows.

I guess we have to trust the Mayor... that's part of his job in leading the team, right? To ensure it's a cohesive unit.

ehhhh, there is a lot of smoke there. Full disclosure, I don't know what D. Rose contract situation is .......also, i am not sure what the market is like if you do try to trade him. D Rose is damaged goods at this point.

Hoiberg gets his first win... Reigning MVP Curry goes off for 40. I didn't stay up for the entire late game but I'd say over all a fairly entertaining opening night of at least of what I watched.

ehhhh, there is a lot of smoke there. Full disclosure, I don't know what D. Rose contract situation is .......also, i am not sure what the market is like if you do try to trade him. D Rose is damaged goods at this point.

It's not good. But he's only got one more year left after this year and with the cap going up, it's not unmoveable like it would have been in years past. The Knicks would probably listen to a Rose for Melo centered proposal.

It's not good. But he's only got one more year left after this year and with the cap going up, it's not unmoveable like it would have been in years past. The Knicks would probably listen to a Rose for Melo centered proposal.

No thanks to Melo!! Jimmy and Derrick are just gonna have to find a way to work it out.

No thanks to Melo!! Jimmy and Derrick are just gonna have to find a way to work it out.

Actually, Melo wouldn't be a bad fit in Hoiberg's system. It is not like they need him to play with his back to the basket. At this point in his career he is concerned about his legacy which ain't great. In other words, he could still get his 20 shots per game and still be a "team" guy. More importantly, he would get out of the 1st rd. of the playoffs which would help his "me first, I gotta get mine" legacy he currently has.

Actually, Melo wouldn't be a bad fit in Hoiberg's system. It is not like they need him to play with his back to the basket. At this point in his career he is concerned about his legacy which ain't great. In other words, he could still get his 20 shots per game and still be a "team" guy. More importantly, he would get out of the 1st rd. of the playoffs which would help his "me first, I gotta get mine" legacy he currently has.

I have 0 faith in Melo as a team guy or Melo on defense. I'm 100% an anti Melo guy.

I'd rather trade away Rose for a 2nd round pick before I wanted Melo.

I have 0 faith in Melo as a team guy or Melo on defense. I'm 100% an anti Melo guy.

I'd rather trade away Rose for a 2nd round pick before I wanted Melo.

So no to Melo, what about Joe Johnson? The 76ers and Blazers are really the only two teams where you could basically dump Rose for nothing. In a deal with almost every other team, they would have to take back significant salary to make it work, so it would most likely be a one bad contract for another type of trade.

So no to Melo, what about Joe Johnson? The 76ers and Blazers are really the only two teams where you could basically dump Rose for nothing. In a deal with almost every other team, they would have to take back significant salary to make it work, so it would most likely be a one bad contract for another type of trade.

Give me JJ before Melo. But my preference would be to keep Rose and the current roster.

I don't feel like Rose has lost a step or can't be who he once was because of these injuries. I just feel like he can't stay healthy so we can actually see what he can do when it really counts.

Give me JJ before Melo. But my preference would be to keep Rose and the current roster.

I don't feel like Rose has lost a step or can't be who he once was because of these injuries. I just feel like he can't stay healthy so we can actually see what he can do when it really counts.

Imo, Melo would be a better fit than JJ.

As for Rose he has always been a volume shooter.....now he is a volume shooter who can't make shots. His best attribute was his ability to get to the bucket now that explosion/athleticism is gone. Not sure if it is out of fear of getting hurt again or the injuries simply took it away.

Imo, Melo would be a better fit than JJ.

As for Rose he has always been a volume shooter.....now he is a volume shooter who can't make shots. His best attribute was his ability to get to the bucket now that explosion/athleticism is gone. Not sure if it is out of fear of getting hurt again or the injuries simply took it away.

2-0!!

Rose averaging 16.5 PPG but to your point he's attempting 19.2 field goals a game and under 40%.

Latest posts