NBA draft: Iowa's Devyn Marble relying on support base in metro Detroit

Oh god now they're bringing the meltdown over here

Total_Drama_Meltdown_Part_1_by_vonmatrix5000.jpg

Thanks alot CryFan...aint got time for this $hit

CyFan has a definite classiness standard....If you show any semblance of class, you are banned or hooted down. The personal attacks of Devyn are standard fare. Somehow his lack of talent was not recognized by the coaches or media who voted him Big Ten first team.

I'm happy Marble got drafted but I really don't think he will make the roster and will likely never get any NBA playing time.

I'm happy Marble got drafted but I really don't think he will make the roster and will likely never get any NBA playing time.
I hope he goes to Europe instead of staying for the D League. No doubt in my mind, if he stays near by, Roy Sr. will be right besides him with his hands out.

Now Fran's unstable, it's better to go undrafted than 50-60, and Marble was a Lickliter recruit so Fran's first draft pick gets a * by his name.
It's funny, Jamby, one of the biggest Hawk haters over at cyfan said the same thing. Marble was a Fran recruit, lick didn't sign him. If that's the case golden boy fred hasn't had any of his recruits drafted. That morphodite over at cyfan didn't think of that when he posted. Just proves the ****** just gets deeper over there.

Not really sure if that is an advantage or not. i think in some cases you are better off "knowing how to play". Really do not know how much "development" goes on in that league. It seems as if 90% of the HC(s) are just trying to survive and developing guys is way down on the list.

Yeah, all the players drafted are at the top of their game and never get any better. (rolls eyes)

Jeez, even LeBron has improved since his rookie year. EVERY player has. And as far as head coaches developing talent... it's not up to them at that level, it's up the player. Every year the draft occurs, the teams are drafting for their teams' needs and the POTENTIAL of what they think the players will become.

Yeah, all the players drafted are at the top of their game and never get any better. (rolls eyes)

Jeez, even LeBron has improved since his rookie year. EVERY player has. And as far as head coaches developing talent... it's not up to them at that level, it's up the player. Every year the draft occurs, the teams are drafting for their teams' needs and the POTENTIAL of what they think the players will become.

Greg Oden has not improved bince his rookie year so your post is factually inaccurate.

Not every player improves they find a niche, a role and they excel at it, they do not necessarily get better. I can give you endless list of players like this. The guys that succeed in this league, with a few notable exceptions, have a high basketball IQ, yeah they improve, but they know how to play. As far as drafting on potential, that is what is wrong with the league. There is a reason why there has been only 5 NBA champions in the last 35 years it is essentially the same formula 2 or 3 bona fide superstars surrounded by veteran role players.

Given 90% of HC(s) in the league do not have the time to wait until rookie deals are up. You would think a role in their development would be important to them.