NBA draft: Iowa's Devyn Marble relying on support base in metro Detroit

The fact that Devyn is still so young has to work in his favor as opposed to someone like DeAndre Kane, who is already 25.

Got my fingers crossed that Dev gets drafted....could be down to the last ten picks in the 2nd round. San Antonio would not be a bad place to land.

Got my fingers crossed that Dev gets drafted....could be down to the last ten picks in the 2nd round. San Antonio would not be a bad place to land.

One thing Marble has going for him is that he doesn't have any character issues that I know about. He has always proven to be a hard worker. Armstrong has a lot of connections, and Fran has backed him all the way. A lot of the players that probably are rated about the same don't have all those things going for them. Hopefully any potential recruits are seeing how much the coaching staff stands behind their players.

The butthurt over at cyfan is going to be epic when Dev goes before Ejim and Kane.
That's the top story line of this draft for me. I don't know why all of the NBA talk is about Parker or Wiggins, and the FA class, when the obvious big story is the avalanche of clown butthurt that will wash across the internet.

The fact that Devyn is still so young has to work in his favor as opposed to someone like DeAndre Kane, who is already 25.

Not really sure if that is an advantage or not. i think in some cases you are better off "knowing how to play". Really do not know how much "development" goes on in that league. It seems as if 90% of the HC(s) are just trying to survive and developing guys is way down on the list.

Marble and Kane are about in the same boat on the chance of getting drafted. I'd give Marble the edge because of his age. I wouldn't put money on Ejim being drafted, the guy is a big time tweener that doesn't have a position that translates to the NBA.

Halfway through the second round and Dev still hasn't been picked.

I wish him the best. At this time though I am going to say that he was a bubble NBA player this season, and played his way off the bubble in his last 8 collegiate games. Conclusion: UDFA.

I can't believe that Ejim and Kane weren't first-rounders with all of Hoiberg's NBA connections. Haven't the GMs seen his Rolodex?

Wonder if they're melting down over at clownfan since Ejim and Kane haven't been drafted either?

I wish him the best. At this time though I am going to say that he was a bubble NBA player this season, and played his way off the bubble in his last 8 collegiate games. Conclusion: UDFA.

Did you come to this conclusion tonight, or after he was named to the All Big 10 First Team?