Naysayers....have you changed your tune?

Let's temper the enthusiasm. The program has a LONG ways to go, but I like Fran as the leader and he will methodically build Iowa Basketball back to where it should have been all along. We'll lose a few that we shouldn't here during 2012 and I hope we can replicate yesterday and win a few that we shouldn't too. Until May and McCabe start to contribute like they need to, we are thin and relying upon frosh way too much for a B1G team. And I'm not talking about Sullinger-type frosh either!

Yeah and if we'd have hit 5-10 from 3 the game would have been much different too....what's your point? They were the idiots that kept hoisting them up particularly Brust who looked like he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

Wiscy is a 3 point shooting team. They are 4th best in the conference as far as percentage made. Yesterday dropped them a spot. You play according to your strengths and 3 point shooting is one of them for Wiscy. Luckily for Iowa, the shots weren't falling.

Let's temper the enthusiasm. The program has a LONG ways to go, but I like Fran as the leader and he will methodically build Iowa Basketball back to where it should have been all along. We'll lose a few that we shouldn't here during 2012 and I hope we can replicate yesterday and win a few that we shouldn't too. Until May and McCabe start to contribute like they need to, we are thin and relying upon frosh way too much for a B1G team. And I'm not talking about Sullinger-type frosh either!

Maybe I am missing something, but neither May, nor McCabe were on the floor when it mattered most, when Iowa was building the 11pt lead and then when Wisconsin cut it to 3. May/McCabe need to enjoy the minutes they are getting now.

On the flip side, Iowa is relying on the players that Fran himself has brought in and the good news is that three of the four Iowa is relying on will be back: Marble, Basabe and White. The other thing to consider is that Marble can play 18 different positions, so if the fresman PG's struggle early there are still zero worries. Iowa will rely on freshman to contribute to the team, but not carry the team. That is a huge difference from the past few seasons where freshman have been expected to carry the team.

With the players that are leaving: Gatens, Cartwright, Brommer and Archie, there are two that actually contribute. It will not be that easy to replace either, but I trust not only in the returning players, but also the incoming players being ready to play. Iowa is now brining in kids that can play on any roster in the BIG, quite a turnaround from the last few years.

Latest posts