National championship

The more likely scenario is Iowa cheats, gets caught and yet doesn't win the national championship.

The Kate Upton scenario is a no brainer. Hell, I would tell my wife. She would understand.

I would say no. Iowa is the perfect school for the NCAA to make an example of with the Death Penalty. We're a member of a big-name conference, but not a marquee team. Perfect opportunity for the NCAA to dole out a harsh punishment to show how tough they are.

I would say no. Iowa is the perfect school for the NCAA to make an example of with the Death Penalty. We're a member of a big-name conference, but not a marquee team. Perfect opportunity for the NCAA to dole out a harsh punishment to show how tough they are.

If they were going to do that they would have killed Illinois not all that long ago.

Oh? I thought this was a jeopardy question. "Jack I'll take; college football and things your not likely to see in Iowa City in the foreseeable future."

Cheating? No. Bringing in a few guys who want to "major in football"? Absolutely. A dip in the graduation rates wouldn't break my heart any.

The problem, as I see it, is the slippery slope.

Many say, "bting in a few kids with a little extra inducement", but, "Nothing like Penn State!!!"

What, exactly, did Penn State gain in terms of competitive advantage? What happened was horrific. But to stretch it out to "competitive advantage" is ludicrous. Thus, what "type" of "cheating"?

And if we say, "A little here, a little there, that's okay", what's NOT okay? Is allowing a player with multiple felonies to continue playing "okay"? If it's "just" stealing, or DUI, is that "okay"? What about the kid whose grades suck, or never goes to class?

In other words, where, exactly, is the line drawn?

Either we cheat or we don't. I'm for "don't".

Damn cheaters and liars. Why can't some of you just sell your souls to the Devil to get us that national championship instead if having the U cheat?

Latest posts