National Championship- Who You Got?

Hawkeyes1982x

National Championship Game, who you got?

I'm going to take Alabama. It makes me cringe to take an SEC team, but that defense of theirs is probably the only defense that can battle with Clemson offense. Their D-line will make it really tough for them to move it constantly. However, the problems that has given Alabama fits is a mobile QB.. so, we shall see. Offensively, I don't know if Clemson can slow down Henry and Co...

Bama- 31
Clemson- 24

Prior to the semis... I thought Clemson would win it all. Just felt as a #1 team for a lot of the year that had been disrespected with the best QB would be a good formula. And then they took care of Oklahoma and I thought maybe I'm right.

And then the night game happened which will probably result in an overreaction but the Bama QB took his play to an all new level. Can he sustain it? I'll say he plays good enough for em to win.

Give me Bama.

The second and third teams on the Alabama depth chart feature 7 five-star players and 28 four-star players.
Your average Joe could be the head coach, just roll the oblong spheroid on the field, and win.

I'll tune in for a little while. But honestly I'm done with college football at this point. Don't really care who wins.

Bring on hoops!

Everyone says Alabama's dline is the greatest. Actually, Alabama's oline is the greatest of the lines although their dline is great.

Alabama's defense usually has lots of trouble with spread offenses (sounds familiar) and Clemson's spread offense is prolific. Why Saban brought in his high profile offensive coordinator to match point for point the spread offenses.

Clemson, overall, has more athleticism and will load the box to stop the run but has enough athletes to effectively cover receivers. I predict Clemson will win with a score of something like 27-20.

Last edited:
Well since I'd like Clemson to win I doubt they will. I've been way off on predicting any of these post season games... Bama is tough and beat MSU at their own game pretty handily. Bamas best against anybody elses best is just too much. And if Coker is better then average that's all they probably need. Clemson's mobile qb gives them a chance and I hope they can upset em but that's what them winning would be. An upset.

It's hard to pick against Bama and their defense.

But that's the trendy pick, and is often when everyone ends up surprised..

I still don't understand why they are playing this game. Clemson was undefeated and they won their bowl game. Alabama had a loss and they beat a good Michigan State team in their bowl game so they can be Bowl Game Champions but this extra game was just added because the SEC wanted it now.