Nasty Kim

No, Just have been to Bourbon St a couple of time and watching PG movies.
I have stayed on Bourbon Street a few times over the years. Actually took the City of New Orleans train from Chicago to New Orleans and back on one of my visits. That was a great experience. Mr. B’s Bistro right off Bourbon Street and the Cajun Cabin right on Bourbon were two of my favorites. BBQ shrimp at Mr. B’s and swamp resident authentic cajun bands at the Cabin are great memories. Crawfish and Lone Star. Yahoo!

I just can't ramp up invective to direct at her. Not as a coach. I mean, her response after the SC/LSU scrum in the SEC final was pretty awful. I don't buy into the "LSU players are thugs". Certainly not to the trash level of the LA sportswriter referring to UCLA/LSU as "america's sweethearts vs the supervillians". FFS. That was baddd. I think they sure play a harder game with a little more dirty work than others. But that is no way unique to LSU or girls who aren't white little angels. I've seen plenty of "thuggish" play from white girls and other teams. It very much seems to be more predictable by conference than by any other metric. I don't like that kind of basketball, but it is not uniquely Mulkian.

Fry absolutely nailed her in another thread. Around here in STL, we call them "hoosiers". Has nothing to do with Indiana. Basically an urban redneck? Suburban redneck? Some parts of Iowa maybe use the term 'mudhead', that's pretty close? But way more specific than that, those would just be starting points. It's almost impossible to describe, but you know one when you see one. One of them once remarked to me, "I just can't find a hairdresser that knows how to feather hair anymore." Kim's a hoosier. I like to think I'm a pretty open guy and appreciate the way people choose to live life. Except with hoosiers. I can't stand em. I'm fine with rednecks, cowboys, country people, city people.....and wide variety of lifestyle/cultural ways of life. But hoosiers? I'm a total classist. Kim's a hoosier. Can't stand 'em.

But, she's not the Iowa coach, so I don't really care. And I don't think anyone but Baylor or LSU fans have ever put her on a pedestal of any sort, beyond just being a successful coach like some other coaches out there.

It does surprise me that she's able to get away with being on the wrong side of a third rail or two, in women's basketball. But, I guess it's a little easier to be homophobic in college basketball....especially at a school like Baylor.

Latest posts