Name the Hawkeyes

homes

Basketball.png

My first run, I could name 22 of the 27. I couldn't ID - from left to right front row - No. 3, 6 and 8. back row - No. 2 and 4.

UPDATE Here you go, left to right:

Front Row - Ronnie Lester, Downtown Fred Brown, Bo Hairston, Rick Williams, Waymond King, Jim Hodge, Kirk Speraw, Chad Calabria.

Middle Row - Fred Haberecht, Craig Anderson, Steve Krafcisin, Steve Waite, Mike Tree Henry, Greg Stokes, Michael Payne, Clay Hargrave, Mark Gannon.

Back Row - Kenny Arnold, Ken Grabinski, Kevin Boyle, Dan Frost, Mike Gatens, Bobby Hansen, Dick Peth, Tom Norman, John Johnson, Glenn Stick Vidnovic.

That's a pretty good representation of Iowa basketball from the late 60s to the early 80s.

Last edited:
Basketball.png

My first run, I could name 22 of the 27. I couldn't ID - from left to right front row - No. 3, 6 and 8. back row - No. 2 and 4.
#40 in the back row is Kevin Boyle.

Third player in the front row is Waymond King.

That leaves three to go. I thought one of the mystery players in the front row was Jon Darsee but he is #20 in the back row.

#46 may be Sharm Schuerman but I would need someone who knows those Bucky O'Connor era teams to verify that.

Other mystery man in the front row may be Chad Calabria.

5 out of 27

Hansen, Gannon, Boyle, Payne and Stokes

1) You can guess when my fandom started.
2) Ronnie Lester without the fro means the pic was taken after '83.
3) Kevin Boyle looks like a serial killer.
4)Without the OP the other 22 dudes I wouldn't had a clue. Kraficism and Waite I should have known, but nada did not recognize anyone else.

I love they put Waite and Krafcisin next to each. What a tandem they were back in the day.

And Payne and Stokes.

This is an awesome photo. So many great memories

My starting five from that photo would be...

Ronnie Lester
Fred Brown
Bobby Hansen
Greg Stokes
Steve Krafcisin

(Vince Brookins needs to be in that picture)

Latest posts