Name one former Hawk...

Shonn Greene and it's not close imo.

An invincible Doak Walker RB to go with this receiving corps and Stanzi? 13-0.

My personal favorite... K. Hill! He could return punts (which we need) and he had play-maker speed! Not the most popular vote, but I'd love to see him back... Oh and of course S. Greene... With him we'd easily go undefeated this year!

I'm going off the board with my picks...I couldn't narrow it down any further once these 2 popped into my head...

Merton Hanks (Although he was a CB at Iowa, I'd move him to his NFL position of FS)

Nate "Freakin'" Kaeding (I love Murray for what he did last season, but his low kicks are scaring the hell out of me)

I know this may be unpopular but Drew Tate. I am too young to remember Long as Hawk. Tate never had this level of help at the wide receiver position and was the focus of defenses. Go back and watch games fom 2005 and 2006 and i bet you don't see teams cheating to stop the run.

My order of preference:

1. Chuck Long
2. Lew Montgomery
3. Shonn Greene
4. Tavian Banks
5. Tim Dwight

How bout JC Love -Jordon and Willie Guy? Just joking they were the 2 most hyped, have to go with S Greene

No doubt about it, it's got to be Shonn Greene. The running back situation is definitely our weakness right now with injuries. Our defense is solid, our receivers are the best they've been in a couple of years, and Stanzi is doing what he is asked to do and that is win games.

No doubt about it, it's got to be Shonn Greene. The running back situation is definitely our weakness right now with injuries. Our defense is solid, our receivers are the best they've been in a couple of years, and Stanzi is doing what he is asked to do and that is win games.

Ronnie Harmon no question. Harmon was the biggest dual threat back Iowa has ever had. As a running back he was fantastic and a receiver out of the back field he was one of the most dangerous ever.

Harmon added another element to the offense and chaged what defenses ould do. With our wrs, Moeaki/Reisner and a back like Harmon Iowa's offense would take on another life.

Latest posts