Name me Kinnick?

cliche, thunder, hobo and myself seem to be the only sane people here. It is cliche and cheesy. I feel sorry for kids with stupid parents. I work in a health care field and I can guess at least 4 out of 5 times what insurance a kid with a stupid name has. If you give them a stupid name you are creating a self fulfilling prophecy that they are going to be a failure. If you would like feel free to PM me with any name ideas and I will let you know if I approve or not.

Me personally, I like Nile much better. If you are going to name him after Kinnick then name him after the man, the hero himself, rather than the satdium. I say that of course.... only because Lumberyard Merle is already taken.

cliche, thunder, hobo and myself seem to be the only sane people here. It is cliche and cheesy. I feel sorry for kids with stupid parents. I work in a health care field and I can guess at least 4 out of 5 times what insurance a kid with a stupid name has. If you give them a stupid name you are creating a self fulfilling prophecy that they are going to be a failure. If you would like feel free to PM me with any name ideas and I will let you know if I approve or not.

I know what you are talking about with the insurance situation... I see it every day, don't worry my kids aren't on medicaid. I just really love the name itself and feel like I can get away with it living in the northeast. If I lived in Iowa City, I probably wouldn't even consider it.

I have one son named Nile and one son named Clarke, which are Kinnick's first and middle names. There are also family traditions/ties associated with these names, so apparently I met all above criteria.

You could just name him "Adrian," after his real daddy. (you were on that business trip)

I'm just messing around. :)

I don't see what is wrong with naming your kid Kinnick. You could call him "Nick," which is a perfectly normal name.

It is not like his name is "Kade" spelled "Kayde," or JaQuiz, or LeGarrette, or Remus, or Chaniquewa, or Barney, etc...

Those were all just random BTW... Hah.

Kinnick is so played out, it was his last name, maybe use it as a middle name, but if you think that Kinnick is so much better than Nile, then you are naming him after that person for the wrong reason. You might as well name him Ronnie or Ricky or Timmy D. Hell, I say name him him Magic Bus Johnson.

I would say that if you are questioning, it may not be right. You have to go with your heart buddy. I would imagine that your son would be proud in the years to come to be named whatever name you choose.

Trying to talk myself out of it. Figured 50/50 people on this thread would either think its stupid or perfectly fine.

Trying to talk myself out of it. Figured 50/50 people on this thread would either think its stupid or perfectly fine.

At the end of the day, it is YOUR decision! (The wife too, of course).

But I see nothing wrong with it. I don't think it is one of those names that will "haunt" the kid forever. I personally think it IS unique, especially on the east coast. How many Kinnicks will be out there?

If you like it, do it. Don't listen to the haters. If you asked if you should name your kid Joe, half the people on here would say it's a stupid name and that they knew a real a-hole named Joe. Who cares what a bunch of yahoos think.

FWIW, this yahoo's two cents: it'a perfectly acceptable name and it sound cools. On top of that it reminds you of a place you love and an genuine hero. If it rolls with your last name all the better. I say go for it.

I wouldn't worry about it...you're already asking for advice on what to name your kid on a message board. It can't get much worse.

At the end of the day, it is YOUR decision! (The wife too, of course).

But I see nothing wrong with it. I don't think it is one of those names that will "haunt" the kid forever. I personally think it IS unique, especially on the east coast. How many Kinnicks will be out there?

I checked on some website and they had it listed as like the 5000th most common name last year. So yep, unique but at least it is a solid name with meaning. Not some stupid name spelled with no vowels and like 5 Y's thrown in there.

Also, Kinnick as a first name isn't a very strong name. It is kind of sissy like Collin, or Aiden, or Brayden. If you can't pass it off as a grunt it isn't any good.

Last edited:
Also, Kinnick as a first name isn't a very strong name. It is kind of sissy like Collin, or Aiden, or Brayden. If you can't pass it off as a grunt it isn't any good.

Its Collyn, Aidyn, and Bradyn. Get it right. I agree it could be a bit stronger.

Latest posts