My Year By Year Iowa Football Prediction: 2001-2011

I'm not saying you were wrong for going there or anything. Everybody overshoots it. I'm just saying that's probably where the perception comes from.

Great site, great message board, great work. I love Hawkeye Nation and I can't say enough good things about Jon Miller and the work he has done and continues to do. This message board really adds to the enjoyment of being an Iowa fan. Having said that, I hate your prediction of this year's team at 8-4. This is a team that will win 4 to 6 games, best case. 6-6 and a bowl bid should be considered a great season. 7-5 and I nominate Ferentz for coach of the year. You are going to get embarrassed on this one, I fear.

people assume we are going to be so bad because how weak our d line is. there are probably 5 teams on our schedule that have worse d lines then we do. we actually have a pretty strong starting lineup other then d line and maybe running back

Wow... now that is an EASY schedule.

Too bad you guys are kinda rebuilding this year. This is one of those schedules that a lot of Iowa teams could run the table with.

I realize I'm a Clone fan, but seriously, ISU is one of the tougher games you will play all year long. MSU and Nebraska might be tougher, but that's about it.

I'd guess you finish 8-4. You will win one you aren't supposed to, but you will lose one you aren't supposed to either.... like Purdue, Indiana, or ISU.

but seriously, ISU is one of the tougher games you will play all year long. MSU and Nebraska might be tougher, but that's about it.

you definitely are a clone homer. MSU, Nebby and Mich might be tougher....as in they are ranked and ISU isn't...

Wow... now that is an EASY schedule.

Too bad you guys are kinda rebuilding this year. This is one of those schedules that a lot of Iowa teams could run the table with.

I realize I'm a Clone fan, but seriously, ISU is one of the tougher games you will play all year long. MSU and Nebraska might be tougher, but that's about it.

I'd guess you finish 8-4. You will win one you aren't supposed to, but you will lose one you aren't supposed to either.... like Purdue, Indiana, or ISU.

LOL Clone swag at it's finest

5 of Iowa St's 6 wins last year came by 6 points or less. By contrast all 7 losses came by 7 points or more, and 6 came by double digits. To win that many games by that little of a margin requires some breaks to go your way. The odds of that many breaks going your way 2 years in a row is low (Iowa 2009 vs Iowa 2010 is a good example). Looking at ISU's schedule, I see 5-7. If they win all the games they should and pull an upset, 6-6 is possible. 6-6 historically is a good season for Iowa St.

Back to Jon's predictions. I also have 8-4, but I have us losing to Northwestern and beating Indiana. I'm surprised at how many people have us losing to an Indiana team that went 1-11 last year. Sure they should be better, but they won't be even close to being a good team yet.

Latest posts